seat rails

jeffrhine

I'm not really good with seats, but If I get some bucket seats for my r50 would I need to get new seat rails? or could they just install right in?

The race style bucket seats ? I was looking into those. So far, from what I've found, Corbeau (www.corbeau.com) which seems to be one of the biggest manufacturers, doesn't make a bracket kit for the R50. They make one for WD21/Hardbody and (of all things) the 04 Armada. Their "universal kits" basically just attach to the floor pan. In fact, from what I could tell, basically only Jeeps get bolt-in race seats. May have to fab up some adapters. Shouldn't be too hard but I haven't found a straight kit.

www.4x4parts.com claims their Corbeaus will fit any Nissan. I plan to call 'em tomorrow and see if they have/can make a mounting kit for the R50.

Whats wrong with it just going into the floor pan?

Well if you roll or suffer an extremely hard accident and your seat is just mounted to the floor pan, it's possible that the bolts could rip right out of the floor pan and you and your seat will now be floating around the cabin.

Whats wrong with it just going into the floor pan?

Well if you roll or suffer an extremely hard accident and your seat is just mounted to the floor pan, it's possible that the bolts could rip right out of the floor pan and you and your seat will now be floating around the cabin.

Just a thought, how b'out some LARGE fender washers to distribute the load and prevent such a possibilty

Mastercraft had faxed me a tracing of the bolt pattern on their seats. Looks to me like you can drill a few new holes and bolt them to the factory rails. But i havent' done it yet... oh but thats for a WD21.. i don't know how different they are for the R50

Edited by SteeevO

www.4x4parts.com claims their Corbeaus will fit any Nissan. I plan to call 'em tomorrow and see if they have/can make a mounting kit for the R50.

Corbeau has brackets for Frontiers/Xterras & if I'm not mistaken that'll work on R50's as well. I knoiw that Xterra seats bolt right into R50's so I would assume the same as aftermarket brackets for aftermarket seats but you never know until you try it I guess.

Just a thought, how b'out some LARGE fender washers to distribute the load and prevent such a possibilty

I did that for one mount on my Maxima swapped seats, the mount location is through the same thickened area on the floor board as the original captive nut, but I wanted to be certain that it wouldn't rip out.

I would use a sub plate also, not just washers...

B

Love the avatar GoPathyGo

Thanks. :)

So AC spoke with Corbeau. Corbeau's never tried it in an R50 and AC didn't have one handy so couldn't be sure.

AC *did* however put the Baja Low Backs online after I asked about 'em. 17 lbs for the whole seat! Headrest if you want it too. They're around $15 cheaper than I could find anywhere else. They also carry the frontier and xterra adapters.

Sooo.... tempting.... Must..... resist....

Edited by GoPathyGo

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so a few updates based on my experience.

1. The stock power heated seats are HEAVY. No doubt about it. I removed the passenger seat yesterday and that thing's 40+ lbs

2. The Corbeau seat adapters sold by AC and others for the Xterra/Frontier do NOT fit my '03 R50. Too long and the R50 has a plastic bump/floor reinforcement (haven''t pulled up the carpet to see what's hiding underneath) those 2 apparently don't have - at least not in the same place.

So I'm looking at 2 options right now:

1. Separate the stock frame rails from the rest of the stock seat, drill new holes and try to attach suspension seats to those. Separating the frame rails on mine will require essentially drilling through some flat clips and bolts holding the rails to the rest of the seat.

2. Forget the whole idea and just get lighter manual fabric seats from the JY

Will keep you guys posted. (Bad pun, I know.)

any nissan,

do they have the 2 door pathy flip and slide forward ones?

I doubt it. Thats a big problem i'm running into.

I need new seats, expecially the drivers.. starting to get a little hard on the lats.. (no more cusion, just steel on my shoulderblade whn hanging out the window)