RnV Npora group?

OldSlowReliable

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

wow, lol....I just decided on colleges, and after signed the papers for a diff college, wisconsin stout offered me a full ride first year (doh)...had I switched to them, I woulda been like an hour from you :stickwack:

anyways....it would probably be (alot) easier for you if it was more on the west side parks and such, cause the dunes are right off the ferry, and then there's twisted trails/UP to the north and bundy hill to the south

Hmm....you got any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I think I have a much smaller, cheaper, and shorter route in the works....sometime in july/august?

I was thinking start somewhere (dunno) but do a more southern based circuit. Including Rocks and valleys in Harrison MI(cheap camping with great trails), Silver Lake Sand Dunes (pretty easy as far as rig req go), then on down to bundy hill between Kzoo and Detriot, and possibly add on the mounts in flint....not sure on the route per say, but those are cheap and pretty familiar locations.

to keep the cost down, I'm thinking camping would be a good option (plus, its waaay more fun). And if we keep it relatively short, I think more people will be able to attend the entire thing or even split off and go to say TT or Badlands.

Heres the basic circuit, don't know the start or ending, all depends on what the group is up for...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Rocks+and+Valleys+Off-Road+Park,+Old+Mannsiding,+Harrison,+MI&daddr=Copemish,+MI+to:Hart,+Michigan+to:Jerome,+Michigan+to:Flint+Michigan&geocode=FbC4ngIdKGb0-iEnlwaqz7P9bg%3BFYW8pgId6-zg-ikp0HRBrEIeiDGDQySuYR_8jA%3BFaXImgIdwzDa-imHtB-o0PgbiDF0kfgXLLMu6Q%3BFbxHgQIdQBn3-im7e4J-Mhc9iDG18tWvqroiwA%3BFa9RkAId4AcD-ykXc5el-3gjiDFraDOOCTqFwQ&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=42.368449,-85.422219&sspn=7.173902,14.128418&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=7

are people still up for going?

I've looked into adding in drummond, badlands, and twisted trails. Twisted trails only adds in about 30 or so miles to the route, so I think thats a definate possibility, whereas the distance for drummond/badlands (doubling the mileage) it seems like a stretch, I don't know where people are located though so maybe not? Possibly start there and then go on w/the rest?

Edited by OldSlowReliable

OSR:

I'd love to attend, but this year its just not gonna happen. The budget is tighter than a buckskin girdle after a hard rain. :suicide: Count me in for next year to do it up right.