Who wants a set of aftermarket suspension links?

No kidding! I think expensive is an understatement. I bet the rear 4-link project on the Tacoma is at about $4,000 in parts. And that's with the stock axle and doing all the work for FREE. :wacko: I hope it's worth it when it's all said and done.

Yeah, I'd probably be wise to just stick with an upgraded OEM rear-end and put that money towards other mods, i.e., lockers, diesel engine, etc... :D

hows that diesl search coming any way? (sorry, not to thread jack)

4-link goodness...would that require relocating the spring mounting position also???

hows that diesl search coming any way? (sorry, not to thread jack)

4-link goodness...would that require relocating the spring mounting position also???

Oh, it'd be a few months of custom work, that's for sure. That fuel cell idea caught my attention, though, regardless of a 4-link set up or not.

Well, Dave (DavefromOZ) has found two QD32ETI units for relatively good prices excluding duty; my lack of funds is what's holding me back right now. :thumbsdown:

• 2 months later...

About due for a new update....right??? :)

I'm almost finished with the first set of HD suspension links. I had Ballistic fabrication make custom joints for this application (my favorite flex joints on the market) and they came out great. The body of the joint is forged 4140 and I had them made with a large 1.0" shank. They should last for a very long time (they can be tightened and greased) but they're fully rebuildable for about $15 a joint if they wear out years down the road. The length is adjustable from stock to about 2 inches longer for those that are lifted and want to re-center the axle in the wheel well. With big tires one of the first places they hit in the rear is the front side of the fender right under the rear door. These can fix that issue. :D The links with bushings on both ends won't be adjustable length wise (unless requested) since the bushings don't use a shank. I can put in an adjuster but for the $$$ you can go with flex joints.

The other side of the links uses a grease-able (complete with zerk fitting!) poly bushing with a zinc coated sleeve for corrosion resistance. I can build these links with flex joints on both ends, bushings on both ends, or one of each like these shown in the pictures. If you aren't sure what you want, talk to me and I'll give you my best advice on which route to go.

The uppers are 1.75x.120" DOM and the lowers are 1.75x.250" DOM. Much stronger than stock. I'm TIG welding all of them.

There are TWO minor modifications that need to be done to install these. One involves grinding a small tab off the inside of the two lower link mounts. This can be done with an angle grinder or a dremel in a matter of minutes.

The second modification requires bending the flange on the gas tank (that contacts the stock arms after longer shocks are added!) out of the way since these links are made of larger tube than stock. This can be done with vise grips in a few seconds.

These are much easier to install than poly bushings since you have complete links ready to go! I will ship them complete with bushings pressed in, lengths adjusted, greased, and ready to bolt in. No need to pull the stock links out one at a time, torch the bushings out, and press new ones in. I'll do all the hard work for you. :sly:

I can sell a set with poly bushings installed on both ends for the same price or cheaper than Nissan OEM links (if you were to buy 4 complete links from a dealer). The price with flex joints will be a little bit more.

Any feedback is appreciated! Likes, dislikes, and suggestions are all welcome.

IMG_4835.jpg

IMG_4838.jpg

IMG_4839.jpg

i'm halfway through installing my AC lift as i type this, so i got a real good look at how shot my rear uppers are. i am very interested; can you PM me a price for uppers and lowers, and separate? i'd like to have a single flex joint on each link. thanks!

Those look great, I'm looking at doing my suspension this fall and am still quite interested in at least he regular ones, if not the flex joint.

definitely interressted when I put the 33's.... next spring... looking for 1" spacer too for the rear...Then with these, like you said, I would fix the off-center at the back that has been causing me some headaches with the flexing in the rear front fender...

Very nice work,... will the tube have some kind of treatment or paint or anything that would prevent/inhebit the rust, or we have to finish them ourselves ??

i want i want!!!!!

i am also looking into getting all new LCA for the rear.

i thought about just buying OEM from Nissan, but if yours are cheaper and higher quality thats alot better.

Ive got all stock suspension, but have been looking to upgrade the LCA. i dont wheel too often...

id think i would just need bushings on both ends, what do you think??? what is the purpose of the flexible joint???

thanks for all your help

• 3 months later...

Another set I'm making. Anyone else need a set while I'm at it???? :blush02:

IMG_5057.jpg

And I'm going to be working on an extended panhard in a few days when some parts arrive. :sly:

Sick! Just sick! :jig:

You know I want all this stuff; I just can't say when as I still waiting on this bloody SFD kit... :(

Sick! Just sick! :jig:

You know I want all this stuff; I just can't say when as I still waiting on this bloody SFD kit... :(

these look like rear lower and upper links yes???? come with poly? direct bolst on....If so id be intrested in a set of upper and lower ......how much....better in strength and quality of metal?

• 4 weeks later...

Really? I think panhard rod with an adjustable job would be way better than a drop bracket, IMO. :aok:

Maybe. But I'm thinking more on the lines of trying to keep the geometry as close to stock as possible when my SFD is done (and who knows when that will be. I'm still waiting on my plates! The price you pay when it's free...time!) If it gets to be too much of an angle, then the axle will just move when I don't want it to under some sexy-flexy. Plus it might affect my highway road handling, too. But this is all in theory in my head...

Jose

Really? I think panhard rod with an adjustable job would be way better than a drop bracket, IMO. thumbsup.gif

Both would be Ideal, the drop would keep your panhard closer to paralell to the axle which increases its effectiveness and ajustment would allow it to be properly centered if the drop didn't center the axle.

then again I been thinking about lifting the axle side of the rod to raise the roll center and make it more stable.

I think Packie88 got that idea stuck in my head.

Both would be Ideal, the drop would keep your panhard closer to paralell to the axle which increases its effectiveness and ajustment would allow it to be properly centered if the drop didn't center the axle.

then again I been thinking about lifting the axle side of the rod to raise the roll center and make it more stable.

I think Packie88 got that idea stuck in my head.

Now that makes sense!!

And interesting about raising the axle side to raise the roll center. Would this really raise the roll center? Seems like something to investigate over at the 4x4 shop...hmm...(I need a welder of my own!)

• 4 weeks later...