Who wants a set of aftermarket suspension links?

RainGoat- do you still have those links? Installed them yet? I'm actually in desperate need of adjustable links now, as I've just installed a 6" lift, and the driveshaft angle is way too steep, causing bad driveline vibration. I'm probably going to have to install a double-cardan (CV) driveshaft, but the pinion angle is still way off. If you haven't installed them and are willing to sell them, let me know.

• Like 1

RainGoat- do you still have those links? Installed them yet? I'm actually in desperate need of adjustable links now, as I've just installed a 6" lift, and the driveshaft angle is way too steep, causing bad driveline vibration. I'm probably going to have to install a double-cardan (CV) driveshaft, but the pinion angle is still way off. If you haven't installed them and are willing to sell them, let me know.

I've been stalled out in my rebuild due to a lifter problem but I am planning on using them when I lift this spring. Sorry about that. TowndawgR50, hawairish, you, etc. have me now considering a SFD but I'm still not sure.

Actually, the panhard is in KC as I couldn't pack it into my luggage. I spent some quality time with the TSA when I had the lowers in a checked bag & the uppers in my carry-on as I flew out of Salt Lake (my Mom had picked them up from Derrick (MichiganAve) in CO Springs and brought them when we hiked SW Utah in September).

As an FYI, I just wanted to say that really I appreciate your shutterfly page. At some point, I intend to mount my MV-50 in the engine compartment like you & stioc have done. I was curious, did you plumb your sliders to be air reservoirs? I know that was an option in aftermarket parts back in 2002ish, of course they called them rock rails in those days (you and I are about the same age). Also, I drove my Brother In Laws 2nd Gen Sequoia (2012) on part of the Mojave Rd & in Owen's Valley this September so I must say Kudos to you on turning your 1st Gen into an offroader-those are pretty good sized trucks, the 2nd Gens in particular. I felt like I was driving a small house but overall was fairly impressed with how it handled itself.

Shucks. Now I need to figure out how to build my own or work with a shop to do so.

Re: the panhard rod, I'm ok to pay your mom to ship it to me from KC. :laugh:

Thanks for the kudos on the shutterfly page. Here's info about my on-board air system, which includes photos of how I was able to plumb my rock sliders for air. It turns out I rarely need air storage for my off-roading needs, so they primarily serve simply as large metal pipes.

https://xplorx4.shutterfly.com/289

https://xplorx4.shutterfly.com/206

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I might be making a limited run of adjustable or static arms if folks are interested. Just about done with this set for FerrariOwner123. 

1.75" OD/0.180" wall Chromoly tube with 1.25x12 rod end adapters. Welded and turned. The post welding machine work isn't necessary but I prefer the aesthetic. Hes supplying his own rod ends but I can fabricate/supply those too, if needed. 

Qkiraal.jpg

WGAAwAN.jpg

6OmwoQ0.jpg

• Like 6

I might be making a limited run of adjustable or static arms if folks are interested.

You sure do pretty work & your commitment to quality work is only matched by hawairish. I kinda wish I didn’t already have those Terry Morgan ones.

BTW, check with XPLORx4 as he had inquired after my adjustable panhard rod a couple months ago-probably long enough he’s already gone another route.
  • Like 1

Hmmm, now that the 01 isn't my dedicated DD anymore, I've been tinkering more & more. Would love to re-center the rear within the wells, what kind of $ are you asking for a set with ends?

11 hours ago, RainGoat said:

You sure do pretty work & your commitment to quality work is only matched by hawairish. I kinda wish I didn’t already have those Terry Morgan ones.

You get brownie points from me, Kent, but Jake's work definitely tops the stuff I'm doing!  Now, if I can convince him to move to AZ so we combine efforts...it's been a hard sell getting the wife on board for a WA move.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, hawairish said:

You get brownie points from me, Kent, but Jake's work definitely tops the stuff I'm doing!  Now, if I can convince him to move to AZ so we combine efforts...it's been a hard sell getting the wife on board for a WA move.

Dont you ever &^%*ing think about taking jake away from me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 01Pathmaker said:

Hmmm, now that the 01 isn't my dedicated DD anymore, I've been tinkering more & more. Would love to re-center the rear within the wells, what kind of $ are you asking for a set with ends?

Depends on what kind of hardware you want. The vendor I've been using to make my polyurethane rod ends can supply everything needed for both upper and lower sets, not including the tube, for around $350 to my door. So Im thinking 600 out the door for a complete set of 4 ready to bolt on with polyurethane bushings.  The units above were polished and prettied up post welding which isn't necessary and brings up cost. It was purely for aesthetics.

Currie Enterpries makes Johny Joints that are to size for the R50 that run about $55 a piece, 8 required for a set, and that doesn't include threaded tubing adapters or lock nuts but would be a superior product for a dedicated wheeler.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ferrariowner123 said:

Dont you ever &^%*ing think about taking jake away from me!

Everyone just needs to relax and move to AZ!  Send that Z my way and I won’t bribe him any more...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, hawairish said:

Everyone just needs to relax and move to AZ!  Send that Z my way and I won’t bribe him any more...

I like my Michigan weather (and Lake Michigan and the UP and pretty awesome ?), but I'd love access to AZ cars.....at the very least I'm making a trip out there one day, maybe when it's time to buy a Pathfinder again.  But yes, moving to AZ....tempting idea....

Towndawg, is this something that you have files or drawings for, as in could you produce them again if somebody asked a few years from now?

2 hours ago, mjotrainbrain said:

Towndawg, is this something that you have files or drawings for, as in could you produce them again if somebody asked a few years from now?

Yes

• Like 1

I loved my AZ years. I would so Snowbird if I could!!

That said, Stop It, Stop It, Stop It! You can’t have Jake, he is now a PNW treasure! We will defend him.....but we would love to capture you too ; )

• Haha 2

On 7/30/2018 at 1:45 AM, TowndawgR50 said:

Depends on what kind of hardware you want. The vendor I've been using to make my polyurethane rod ends can supply everything needed for both upper and lower sets, not including the tube, for around $350 to my door. So Im thinking 600 out the door for a complete set of 4 ready to bolt on with polyurethane bushings.  The units above were polished and prettied up post welding which isn't necessary and brings up cost. It was purely for aesthetics.

Currie Enterpries makes Johny Joints that are to size for the R50 that run about $55 a piece, 8 required for a set, and that doesn't include threaded tubing adapters or lock nuts but would be a superior product for a dedicated wheeler.    

Thanks for the info, I'm definitely going to kick it around. That said, I'm sure the poly ends you reference would be fine for my application, no hardcore wheeling here (although I'd absolutely love if we had decent LEGAL places to go around here), now my path has become my Costco run, dog hauler, beach cruiser & snow commuter. We used to have a bunch of great places to wheel, but between over-development, illegal dumping morons & our local governments looking to squeeze us for every last dollar while giving us more restrictions, has pretty much killed that as a viable hobby. Plenty of illegal places to go, which many frequent, but it's not worth having my pathfinder confiscated if I get caught. After all, it's not just another clapped out, hacked fender, straight piped Cherokee with the doors ripped off! ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 01Pathmaker said:

Thanks for the info, I'm definitely going to kick it around. That said, I'm sure the poly ends you reference would be fine for my application, no hardcore wheeling here

No problem. Poly works for me and i wheel some moderately technical trails as well as pull a 18ft camper. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...