33's on a 93 pathfinder

newby, here.

how can i run 33's on my stock nissan 93 pathfinder?

What does it take? I have 31's now and there are no problems.

fenderworks

Try the search feature on here too, do some research, then ask away. ;)

why go 33s when you can run 35's? Just SAS it...I know just the man that can hook you up with parts...

lol when are you going to do a sas

and yes 3" body lift and 3" sus lift and you can fit 33's

Well,

re: wanting to run 33's

i am not looking for a body lift. looking for suspension lift or keep it stock and cut out everything.

what do you all think

fenderworks

93 pathfinder xe, 31's, Lsd, wanting to run 33's

You can do anything with enough money, time, and perseverance. Put a suspension lift on it, and cut the crap out of the fenders. The most suspension lift you can get is 3", which is not enough without some body work.

what's the deal with not wanting a BL? its better than a SL IMO b/c it keeps the CG lower than the 3" from a SL b/c you only lift the body and keep the high mass items closer to the ground

You can get 6" of suspension lift but it requires a trail master kit and cranking the Tbars IIRC

You want to keep it stock and fit 33"s? Get out the sawzall and BFH, otherwise easiest way is 3"sus/3"body. Don't know what your disliek with body lift is, but hey to each his own.

Here you go. 33s with no body lift. Just suspension lift and trimmed fenders.

Any better pics of the rear chop? I guess this is the hardest with the rear doors being so close.

Cheers,

Scotty

Any better pics of the rear chop? I guess this is the hardest with the rear doors being so close.

Cheers,

Scotty

Since the axle moves in a rearward arc you only have to trim the rear of the wheel opening. The only time a tire has hit near the door was when I bent a lower control arm.

Cheers,

Scotty

I too would like to see some nice side on picks too, please. Both the front and back guards.

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/tt148/darkestskydiver/ here's some pics of my pathy i put 33 12.5 15 with 4 in bs removed my fender flares and mud flaps. in pics my rear flares are still on. i am running 78 f250 front coils in the rear and the front is just cranked for now.. i have yet to have any issues other than my tire's hitting the mud flaps and fender flares.

i ran TRUE 34's with no BL and about 1" of fender trimming.

heres my old setup:

Rough Country UCA's

1/2" BJ spacers

S.A.W tbars cranked

HOOHAA CL(www.grassroots4x4.com)

Calmini IAB

REAR:

Jeep Grand Cherokee coils with 1" coil spacer in them.

all sway bars removed

stock "lego" rims

34X10.5X15 LTB's(TRUE 34" tall tire as well while a 33" BFG is only 32.6" tall)

my setup only rubbed my rear passenger frame rail. this could have been corrected with a panhard bar dropdown bracket to relocate the rear axle to its original position. i never dropped my panhard bar. my rear axle was about 1.5" to the drivers side. i had absolutely no fender rub even on full stuff.

PICS:

before trimming:

S6301274.jpg

S6301302.jpg

S6301324.jpg

after trimming:

S6301345.jpg

S6301346.jpg

S6301330.jpg

after sealing up the rear fenders and the hurculiner:

S6301436.jpg

S6301438.jpg

proof that it stuffed and flexed its ass off:

S6301571.jpg

S6301574.jpg

more pics of the hurculiner and fender trimming here: http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r207/gm...pics/?start=all

YOU DO NOT NEED A BL TO RUN 33's OR EVEN 34's!!!!!!! most people say its "required" or as it goes on this board 3+3=33's. a BL will not necessarily make things easier but if your not afraid of a little trimming then all you need is the above. with the setup i ran i could have run 35's with a small BL. BL are a PITA anything more than 1.5". you will need to mess with the shifters, intake, steering, hoses, etc. much easier to bust out a sawzall and go to town!!!!!

Edited by pathmaker1

a Body lift CHANGES the COG whereas a SL RAISES the COG and thats why i dont like them. changing an engineered COG is by far worse than just raising it which keeps the engineers design true and correct. not to mention body roll is much worse with a BL versus a SL.

Edited by pathmaker1

It's been said before that you don't need a BL to fit 33s if you want to trim the fenders. Some people don't want to trim their fenders, so their option is a 3+3.

a Body lift CHANGES the COG whereas a SL RAISES the COG and thats why i dont like them. changing an engineered COG is by far worse than just raising it which keeps the engineers design true and correct. not to mention body roll is much worse with a BL versus a SL.

On the flip side, a SL puts your CVs and tie rods at terrible angles, where as a BL leaves them stock.

On the flip side, a SL puts your CVs and tie rods at terrible angles, where as a BL leaves them stock.

and that is the reason for aftermarket UCA's, BJ spacers, and a CL. my CV's would be ok if i wheeled with any sense. i tend to break 1 about every trip or 2. the 80+ pounds of tire/wheel on each corner and the fact that i wheel the piss outta my rig kills the CV's(i tend to get the front airbourne a lot). my hoohaa CL and my TRE's are still in great shape after 1.5 years of wheelin it with those tires/rims. im confident if i was running radial 33's, aluminum rims and i cared about body damage my CV's would last a good while.

also to help the CV's last longer Manual hubs shoud be installed. i know the auto hubs are free running but i have heard of them staying locked in 2wd.