TSB NTB99-004b

My CEL came on yesterday. I had the guys at Auto Zone pull the codes which are below. I used the search and got these definitions but I'm not really sure what they mean or how to begin to address the probem. Advice, hints, magic spells?? Also is it cool to drive it as is? seems to be running ok

Thanks

P0151 Front O2 Sensor, Bank 2 Lean Shift Monitoring

P0131 Front O2 Sensor, Bank 1 Lean Shift Monitoring

P0325 Knock Sensor, Bank 1

edited title to better reflect topic

-T

Edited by ticker

My CEL came on yesterday. I had the guys at Auto Zone pull the codes which are below. I used the search and got these definitions but I'm not really sure what they mean or how to begin to address the probem. Advice, hints, magic spells?? Also is it cool to drive it as is? seems to be running ok

Thanks

P0151 Front O2 Sensor, Bank 2 Lean Shift Monitoring

P0131 Front O2 Sensor, Bank 1 Lean Shift Monitoring

P0325 Knock Sensor, Bank 1

Code P0325 is the knock sensor which is a pain to get to. I would suspect that it may be causing the other two codes to come up. (P0151 and P0131)

You have one of two things going on witht he knock sensor, either there is a bad/corroded wire or plug at the sensor, or the knock sensor is bad and needs to be replaced.

here you go.. http://www.4shared.com/file/104999412/90da...procedures.html

This is the complete mitchell diagnostic portion for your 98 pathfinder. You will find all the codes and the procedures to diagnose them. Let us know how this thing end !

Cheers.

S.

sweet thanks to both of you, I'll let you know what I find out.

There is a TSB concerning some of these codes. NTB99-004b. Says it may be a poor ground connection. A new ground sub harness is recommended to be installed.

Sub harness- 24075-0W060

Wiring clip- 01552-00401KK

Hex Bolt- 08146-8121G

• 2 months later...
There is a TSB concerning some of these codes. NTB99-004b. Says it may be a poor ground connection. A new ground sub harness is recommended to be installed.

Sub harness- 24075-0W060

Wiring clip- 01552-00401KK

Hex Bolt- 08146-8121G

So I added a new harness and it seems to be working. I don't know if this deserves a sticky or not but It's an easy and cheap fix for this problem.

here's the how to:

nissan_o2_sensor_dtc_repairs.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
ticker, where did you buy the harness?

I made the harness from spare wire and some wire connectors and bolts from the auto parts store. $10 vs $90+ from the dealer. Its raining like a mofo today. I'll take some pics tomorrow.

I had some of those codes at one time, but they seem to have stopped once I fixed the flooding problem (coolant temp sensor - never got a code for it though) seafoamed it, and ran it hot -+3000rpm - occasionally by going 65mph w/ the O/D off. That burned off the goo.

Good info to have though - if it comes back. THANKS!

• 4 months later...

So I added a new harness and it seems to be working. I don't know if this deserves a sticky or not but It's an easy and cheap fix for this problem.

here's the how to:

if someone has the file still can it be reposted? i have no idea what harness and where is being talked about, but i'm constantly getting the knock sensor and o2 codes.

sounds like you have more going on than just a faulty code trip. whens the last time you did a full tune up?

Whats sad is I already put new wires, plugs and a fuel filter and it didnt change the mileage one bit. cleared the codes and took of battery terminal for 12 hours didnt fix or help it at all. So I bought a new OEM knock sensor was thinking about taking it all apart and trying that to see if it would fix it. I read on a couple other forums that theres a way to install knock sensor on the top of intake manifold to by pass taking off the intake manifold anyone done that befor? heres a link Knock sensor relocation

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't have access to the PDF How-To.

Is this a problem with my computer or this document is lost

in the immensity of the web.

Have these code (knock sensor, O2) and I want to get rid of these.

my mileage has not changed. infact my egr has gone bad, and my gas mileage got better :shrug:

It should improve, cool straight air going into the engine rather than being mixed with very hot, re-used exhaust gasses. Emission systems are the biggest gas and power sucking systems on engines.

here you go.. http://www.4shared.com/file/104999412/90da...procedures.html

This is the complete mitchell diagnostic portion for your 98 pathfinder. You will find all the codes and the procedures to diagnose them. Let us know how this thing end !

Cheers.

S.

Hello,

Do you have one or know where I can get the pathfinder 1997 LE diagnostic procedures?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like you have more going on than just a faulty code trip. whens the last time you did a full tune up?

I had the intake manifold off traced the harness up too the top main harness. Then I cleaned the intake track changed plugs again installed new gaskets and water hoses with new clamps. I reset my ecu happy to say I am getting between 15-16mpg and no more codes

I think mounting this on top of intake manifold was a great.I love being able to change it in future if it goes again with out pulling the intake manifold off which sucked to do. The only draw back I see is the fact that it wont detect a rod knock or dentination as quick... My truck now starts and runs way better then it has in a long time

After about 4500 miles :aok:

It should improve, cool straight air going into the engine rather than being mixed with very hot, re-used exhaust gasses. Emission systems are the biggest gas and power sucking systems on engines.

a little off topic but this is why hybrids of today can't even match the Honda CR-X's mileage from 20 years ago...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...