electrical issues.

I drove my 95 LE through a pretty deep slew... got stuck a couple times and made it through a couple the water was up to the grille.. the alternator went so i bought a new one and now everything works fine except when im driving a loud beep comes on and off and sometimes stays on for a while.. my doors randomly lock and unlock by themselves and the starter randomly engages the odd time while its running? would the computer be fried? if so what year(s) of junkyard pathfinders should i use from if i cant find a 95.. and where even is the computer on my truck.

Thanks

I drove my 95 LE through a pretty deep slew... got stuck a couple times and made it through a couple the water was up to the grille.. the alternator went so i bought a new one and now everything works fine except when im driving a loud beep comes on and off and sometimes stays on for a while.. my doors randomly lock and unlock by themselves and the starter randomly engages the odd time while its running? would the computer be fried? if so what year(s) of junkyard pathfinders should i use from if i cant find a 95.. and where even is the computer on my truck.

Thanks

How deep did you get? Did water get into the vehicle?

I dont see the computer being anything to do with it based on what you are describing.

For the starter.....

check up in the relays up by the passenger side wheel wheel.

See if the relays are wet on the inside or if the connections have corroded.

Is the beep coming from under the seat?

I had this happen to me I would hear beeps and the doors would lock then unlock themselves. The truck will do this when you try to lock the doors if to you from locking the keys in the truck if it isnt in park with the engine off. I fixed this by cleaning the door locks-the tublers inside were not it the correct position fully from 15 years of crud in them.

The vehicle will also not let you lock doors if the door is open and the vehicle running. Check the door pins to see if they are wet/muddy, etc.

Edited by Alkorahil

no water got inside. the beeping is coming from somewhere inside sounds like all around since its so loud. and i can unlock my drivers door from the outside and also the window only goes half down then un-aligns its self

no water got inside. the beeping is coming from somewhere inside sounds like all around since its so loud. and i can unlock my drivers door from the outside and also the window only goes half down then un-aligns its self

For the beeping remove the drivers side kick panel. Its too the left of the brake pedal. Water got in there on mine and made the seat belt timer short out and constantly beep. Which = annoying. The panel is the plastic trim piece below the hood release...