Forum Business Cards

msavides

Not sure if this has been brought up before but it should have been.

I have often wanted to notify other pathfinder owners of the forums existence. I think maybe some pre-made business cards that us members can print out and give to others would be a great way to boost the forums renown and increase membership.

Who wants to volunteer to make some kick ass cards. maybe add in that even if you do not offroad it is a great place to learn about your truck and possibly fix things yourself, or at least be informed so you don't get screwed by a mechanic. I don't know just an idea ,but I have no idea how to word it to put it on a card.

What do you guys think?

Mark

Yea this was brought up some time ago and suggested that you put them on the wiper or right in the drivers side corner on the door/window which we pretty much agreed not to do b/c really who enjoy's having SPAM put on their vehicles even though it would be good SPAM but cards to hand out to folks on runs or if you saw someone getting into their pathy would be a cool idea

Personally I was thinking of giving it to the person. I generally do not have much time to chat with people when I am out so a quick card to give to someone would be great. I also thought about putting them on their truck but I don't like flyers on my truck, and I have thought though it someone put something like a club I would be interested in that would be cool. However some people look at there pathfinders as just a means of transportation and could care less about a club, so to those people it would be just like the spam flyers. Unfortunately there is no way to know what type a person they are until you chat with them. so I would be in favor of giving them the card, and just say " I notice you drive a pathfinder. there is a online forum with a lot of info, in case your interested"

These cards if used the wrong way could negatively effect the club if they are viewed as spam put on someones windshield. I would probably only leave a card on a truck if it was an obvious offroader. But I think they are all already a member :) LOL

Yea this was brought up some time ago and suggested that you put them on the wiper or right in the drivers side corner on the door/window which we pretty much agreed not to do b/c really who enjoy's having SPAM put on their vehicles even though it would be good SPAM but cards to hand out to folks on runs or if you saw someone getting into their pathy would be a cool idea

i don't think it would be a bad idea. if they're a nissan enthusiast they may not mind it so much. i know i would not mind if people approached me to ask to join their club. the only problem i see is that many people - myself included - usually don't read whatever note was left on their windshield/mirror; although sometimes i do take a quick glance to make sure it's not a parking ticket. anyway, i like this idea but it is more hassle than i want to deal with. i don't want to print and cut out business cards from normal paper. that would just seem tacky and cheap, and i think it would give the forum a bad image if we started handing out cheesy business cards. let me know what everyone decides.

Edited by alexrex20

i don't think it would be a bad idea...

I see your point. However even cheesy cards is better than handing a person some illegible chicken scratch that I would write down on a napkin to let them know about a forum they could use to learn about there truck. I have told people about the forum and tried to give them the name to look up on their computer. Always ends in confusion and never seen them join the forum. It is up to the members to decide whether they want to hand them out. I guess we could try handing them out and if it starts to yield negative input we could stop.

Heh, i've explored the idea of leaving notes on certain nissans. like you mentioned, it may be a bad thing if we leave it on non-enthusiast vehicles, but i only planned on leaving the notes on trucks which were obviously off-road enthusiasts. i've left notes on xterras and a frontier, for our local Nissan club, but never for NPORA. it's rare to see a done-up pathy.

i have seen a few pathy latly in mankato and have noticed a few that were built up. there are quite a few that arent but i know for a fact a few of them would join o consider it because its obiovious they off road with it

That's typically how I have gone about handing out cards for our local club.

If I happen to see a truck, that is somewhat done up, or for some other reason I think they would be interested in the club, I'll leave a card on their window... It's also nice to have a card handy when people see my truck, or a bunch of us out together, and ask some questions about the trucks or the club. Chances are you can say hey go to nissanpathfinders.net, but they will forget it before they get home. If you hand them a card, there is a better chance they will log on.

That said, the ones we have for CNTC are pretty simple, have the club info & url, with some points listed as to what the club is about... I can do the same for NPORA.

I can also set up two versions, a nice fancy colour one for anyone who wants to take the time to print them in colour and cut them out. As well as a B&W version for anyone who wants a cheap and cheerful (but not gaudy) way to advertise the club.

i think an NPORA sticker would be even more effective advertisement for our forum. here's to hoping we can get some stickers made with our new, nifty logo!

to the powers that be, do post up if funds are needed to get the stickers jump started. :)

i think an NPORA sticker would be even more effective advertisement for our forum. here's to hoping we can get some stickers made with our new, nifty logo!

to the powers that be, do post up if funds are needed to get the stickers jump started. :)

Stickers and cards would be cool, IMHO. Here are a couple of places I've used. Reasonable pricing, high quality and very fast. I think Vista right now has a Free Business Card promo but to use that you have to go with their patterns, some of which are kinda cheesy. :)

www.cafepress.com

www.vistaprint.com

There are also a bunch of places online that'll do custom decals and stickers. Just ask "google". :-) I also got a couple of nifty stickers/decals off an ebay member called CNC Vinyl Graphics. Neat stuff.

Thanks,

J.

If I didn't know anything about this forum, and I came back to my truck one day to find an NPORA card in my window, I tell ya what, I'd be one happy camper!

I also visit the websites or forums advertised on off-road trucks through decals on the window or custom paint jobs.

i'd say damn near 100% of cards that were put on my truck were pulled off and dropped to the ground (i hate littering but it was horrible how many things were placed on cars in the university parking lot) so i did it in hopes of them getting fined or something but I know we wouldnt be a mass spammer...I've told 4 people about the site and none seemed interested but I think a good "sales pitch" would be not just the offroading club but as well as "technical" support if you will

I'm down for whatever although there are only like 2 pathy's in my town and one sits (the vet) and the other tows a trailer all over and they may be interested but I havent seen them around to talk to them...

If anyone has the diecut file I'd like to see that posted b/c I want to get some sticker made for my truck and may try to do a run of a couple dozen and if they're half worth a crap maybe I can help 88 out some

I'd be for it if I actually saw any Nissan period around me, besides a couple of Xterras that is. Every Pathfinder around me it seems is Mommys grocery getter/minivan alternitave.

This has been done before (sort of) and the response was minimal at best. I'm not opposed at all and would hand them out (I saw a really nice pathy 2 days ago), but I remember the last time.

Stickers are a good way to advertise; those interested will note your truck and the site...

That said, I just found my stash of stickers. 1 white and 2 black left. I put one white sticker on the rear window today and was considering putting the two black ones on the side of the truck just behind the rear doors? Above the rear wheel bulge?? :shrug:

With the champagne paint job in good shape, it would stand out quite nicely. But then, I may just wash them off in a year...

B

Yes... bad Idea.... I go ballistic when people touch my cars......... :ar15:

I do have to add though.. while I think its a great idea to have cards... we cant even seem to get stickers right..... :rolleyes:

I've hand-written a few notes for people and two of them actually came and joined up. We had a thread about making a NPORA flyer a while back, business cards sound cool too. Since we're not selling anything technically it's not spam to leave 'em on Pathy windshields... ;)