This disgusts me

88pathoffroad

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30136615/

War hero helps nab suspects in dog killing

Labrador retriever had been given to him to help heal after Afghan combat

HUNTSVILLE, Texas - A highly decorated Navy SEAL who found his beloved yellow Labrador retriever shot dead outside his home helped capture the alleged gunmen following a high-speed chase through three counties.

Marcus Luttrell stayed on the line with a 911 operator as he tried to catch the fleeing suspects during the 40-mile chase that reached speeds of over 100 mph.

"I told them, 'You need to get somebody out here because if I catch them I'm going to kill them,'" Luttrell said he told the operator, the Houston Chronicle reported.

Police stopped the three suspects and charged two men with cruelty to a non-livestock animal. The driver of the vehicle was cited for not having a license.

There are at least five area dog killings in recent months that could be linked to the case, said Texas Ranger Steven Jeter.

Lone survivor of Taliban attack

Luttrell was awarded the Navy Cross for combat heroism in 2006. He is the lone SEAL team member to survive a June 2005 firefight with the Taliban in Afghanistan and was given a puppy to help him heal after he returned from the war. He named it Dasy as an acronym for his SEAL team members lost in that battle.

Luttrell told the Houston Chronicle on Wednesday that he had heard a gunshot on the night of April 1, checked on his mom inside the house and then went outside where he saw Dasy.

"I could tell she tried to get away because there was a blood trail," Luttrell said. "When I saw she was dead, the only thing that popped into my head was, 'I’ve got to take these guys out.'"

Luttrell was recovering from surgery, but when he spotted a suspicious car parked nearby, he crawled under a fence and snuck up on the strangers, aiming a 9mm pistol at them from about 25 yards away.

He didn't fire, however, and as the car left, he ran to his pickup and launched the high-speed chase. His pickup couldn't keep up with the car, but police eventually stopped the suspects.

Luttrell said he confronted the men. "I was like, 'Which one of you guys killed my dog?'" he said. "They started talking smack."

"I did everything right; I didn’t do anything wrong," he said. "Make sure everyone knows they cold-bloodily murdered."

Now in 'middle of nowhere'

"Marcus is trained to do certain things; he fell back on his training," Jeter, the Texas Ranger, said, adding, "I wouldn’t advocate to the general public to do what he has done — to follow them at that rate of speed."

In his phone interview, Luttrell said he had left his Huntsville home and was in "the middle of nowhere."

He added that Dasy's killing was a huge setback in his life.

"I was trying to talk myself out of being who I am," he told the Chronicle. "Talking to myself about not doing the one thing I am good at."

Who the EFF goes around shooting random people's dogs??

i don't live too far from Huntsville, TX. i'm not surprised that this happened there; i am surprised that he didn't shoot them then and there.

if my dog was shot, and i knew they did it, i'd shoot them. then i'd tell the cops it was self-defense after i watched them kill my dog. gotta love texas gun laws. :D

Something tells me we don't have all the info...

At the end of the day though, it was a dog. A pet. That is cold and unkind. I can think of much worse that happens more often...

B

"Marcus is trained to do certain things; he fell back on his training,"

umm no he didnt...the following quote that he made states he didnt...

"I was trying to talk myself out of being who I am," he told the Chronicle. "Talking to myself about not doing the one thing I am good at."

At the end of the day though, it was a dog. A pet. That is cold and unkind. I can think of much worse that happens more often...

me too but i tell you what...if when i get a dog and someone shoots it and kills it and i find you...you're dead...hell you break in my house and i'm home you're dead...damn CA and all their stupid gun laws...they really need a castle law...I was glad NC got it and then I moved away...oh well...that all being said if you hit my dog with a car then it was the dogs fault or mine and no1 elses...

One thing this article proves though is war changes a man b/c of the simple fact that he didnt kill them on the spot b/c that wasnt the right answer for anyone and as this is a bad event...the public now knows his story

B

Yeah, but for someone that is trained in the manner that he is trained & for someone that sounds like theres not much that keeps him from "going over the edge", his dog might be all he has. This might be his only family so to speak. To you, yeah, it might be just a dog or just a pet, but for this guy its sounds like much more. I hope he finds these guys & serves his own justice. I have no real problem when people take matters into their own hands or what we called Mountain Justice back home. I can gaurentee these petty thugs & criminals would be a bit more hesitant to break into someone's home or rob someone or come onto their private property & kill their dog for the hell of it, if they knew there was a decent chance that the "victim" would take care of them. They obviously are not affraid of law enforcement or the judicial system, maybe they should fear the people they try to harm...

A while back some teens were going around Hawaii doing something like this, not sure how many dogs ? cats they killed but one owner finally caught them & beat the crap outta them. Laws are amazing, on a diff topic, there was this guy here, Gerard Jervis, who's house got egged & he chased down the kids & they crashed, well, they got off scott free & they are trying to put him in jail---

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbc...ID=200990407069

and the other day a lady on a bike gets hit by a cop in a crosswalk & the cop gave her a ticket---

http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=10154901

Interesting world we live in

Edited by busup