power window switch

my 95 driver side power window doesnt work anymore... i took it all apart and the rubber gromet was broken, yall prolly know witch one im talkin bout

i ordered a new regulator but when it came in it was a manual one, never got the chance to send it back so now im stuck with it,

how hard would the conversion be?

any recomendations on how to fix the gromet... ive tryed glueing it straigt but havent found anything strong enough to hold it

please help im tired of my window fallin inside of my door and having to shimmy it up in public

Well to change it to a manual you'd probably have to get a new door card so that it has the hole for the window handle. You would also have to gut all the power window stuff and tie up the wires so they don't short out.

I don't know if the other windows will function properly without the drivers switch being there. I know my rear passenger window would go down but not up and it turns out the master (drivers control) was bad.

If it were me I would post that regulator up for sale and get one for a power window. :shrug:

Just my :my2cents:

I have no idea about the grommet though. Maybe post a pic so we can see what you mean?

Edited by adamzan

There is no difference in the actual door from manual to auto windows. That would be a very large expense to the manufacturing process. The only difference is in the trim. The motor for the auto windows mounts in the exact same place that the hand crank box for the manual does. If anything you may need a new door panel (the pretty part that clicks and screws onto the door.