Any Dodge Durango owners out there?

solid snake

Well, my wife has a 99 dodge durango that has been giving her a problem. I personallay would have "dodged" this car, but thats beside the point. Well the problem that seems to occur is that when ever we turn the key, the car would start, or it would immediately die. Or, we would turn the key, the engine would start cranking, but not start so we would need to step on the accelerator so it would eventually turn. We need to press on the gas for little while in order for it to turn on, if not it would die again. Now, we have replaced the gas pump because that was going out on it, but other than that, do you guys have any idea what could be the source of the problem?

Does it do this when the engine is warm? Like, cold start ups are okay, but warm ones are not? I have a friend with a 99 Durango with those symptoms, and we're thinking leaky injectors.

It's a Dodge?

Seriously though, if you can get it to run, take it to Pepboys, Autozone or where ever will allow you use of an OBD2 reader (perhaps borrow one from a friend or mechanic) and see what it says.

Because you have to pump the gas, it may be fuel system related (throttle position sensor, fuel pressure regulator, injectors, etc) but that's all just a guess. :shrug:

Sorry I can't be of more help.

B

I know the 5.2Ls have issues with leaking injectors, as well as ball joint issues. Is yours a 5.2 or 5.9?

Have you replaced the fuel filters...?

Edited by Kingman

Thanks for your replies. I took it to autozone and they told me it was either TPS or oxy sensor. Well I ruled out the oxy sensor cuz I replaced it in oct. Well, the durango does this on cold or warm start ups and it is a 5.9. Gonna replace TPS this weekend and see if it helps aleviate the problem.