What else do you drive?

Morningwould

Purchased this with a heavily smashed up front end and rebuilt the unibody and restored the front end in my front yard.

Rare Hardtop 1990 300ZX. VG30DE 5 spd manual. Lightest z32 ever made at 3150 lbs.

Still bone stock, almost 100% complete restoring it, then most likely a VH45DE swap. :D

303779_10150908459185504_1887738322_n.jp

381688_10150908458365504_54640023_n.jpg

And this is my Super HICAS (4 wheel steering) 1991 240SX.

Beside my pathy.

Suspension is fully built, coilovers/poly/adjustable arms, z32/q45 brakes, full stainless 3" exhaust, lowered around 3.5 inches.

It's currently off the road and awaiting some minor cosmetic body work, aero, and a full custom turbo KA24DE-T setup that im piecing together worth around 300 hp/350lb ft, in the back yard.

61487_10152732382225504_800423499_n.jpg

533964_10152250826515504_1568056758_n.jp

Edited by Nefarious
  • Like 3

Well the rear diff is an R200 with viscous lsd, they usually hold 400-450 hp in a 240sx so I should be okay there. All the rear control arms are either rebuilt with polyurethane or replace with heim joints and adjustable suspension arms, im not too worried about the rack handling it as they used a very similar rack in the r32 skyline gtr with super hicas.

If I have a problem through I can always lock it out. The factory safety when the hicas ECU has a problem is to lock it in the straight position. I am thinking about designing a little controller for the hicas computer so that I can lock it out if I want to *get a little sideways maybe, lol*, and then turn it back on for daily driving and twisty roads.

That car is the most insane fun that I've ever had driving. When it comes to handling the 4 wheel steering makes the thing ridiculous in the corners and it handles unlike anything I've ever been in, so I really want to keep the HICAS.

I need better seats.....its so glued to the road that the car can handle a lot more than I can sitting in the seat. I'm 240 lbs and the thing still tosses me like nothing if I get carried away. LOL.

been building up the car for the last 8 years with all the supporting pieces to get it as solid as possible before I throw 300+ hp into the rear wheels!

Once im finally done this last few months of university then I'll be able to afford to finish it completely *and get some better seats*.

Edited by Nefarious

Here is what i drive other than my beloved pathy....

A truly hated (by me) 1997 Acura Integra, super clean and super low miles (bought it with 74K on the clock) Its a base model, so nothing special, it my sisters car and i use it while she is away taking her freshmen year at college.

Stock pics because i cant be bother to take any...

3RD-Acura-Integra.jpgJust has alloys as oppose to steelies.

Then, I have my Dad's 1977 Datsun 280Z.... I LOVE this car. Currently garage queen status with the cold weather we have been having, but every sunny day, we try to get her out and stretch her legs.

11020333763_6b71274ca1_b.jpg

11020214606_aa4a425691_b.jpg

11020337383_1f9a768684_b.jpg

And finally starting tomorrow, ill have access to my buddies 1986 BMW E30, also a great car, not perfect, but it fast...She has picked up the name Sabine, and in Sabine Schmitz, (Top Gear people will know her) We think it was rather fitting being German, and she did the BMW M5 ring taxi for a while.

How it started, this was taken the day he picked her up....Broken down on I-5! :rofl:

11020333674_6012ca4a6e_b.jpg

And here is how she currently chilling in front of my place

11020175795_3269a547d9_b.jpg

So here is my main fleet, not including my parents cars, but i really don't drive those.

-Kyle

• Like 2

then most likely a VH45DE swap. :D

giphy.gif

that's what I thought! lol. Nah it's pretty much a go already, just waiting for school to be done so I can source a q45 donor and get to work!

p.s. ferrariowner that is a sick 280z!!!! Love the s30/s31 cars...one day... I already have a 1990 Z but theres something about the first gen Z cars!

Edited by Nefarious

Ferrariowner, those are some very clean cars, love the Z and the E30. Any particular reason for the hate on the Acura?

Thanks and as for the teggy

It's not very nice to drive, it's not that it's a Honda, my dad has a 2002 acura TL, and i like that car, but the transmission is what ruins everything positive that the teggy could have, it shifts with the urgency of continental drift, and when it does shift it whips your head into the back or the of headrest. And I'm 6'2", I can't have my knee bent without losing the ability to make left turns.

So it's just not my kind of car...

But it gets great gas milage and has low miles on the clock, it's great for my sister, but even with the mileage, I still prefer to drive my 12 mpg pathy.

-Kyle

Thanks and as for the teggy

It's not very nice to drive, it's not that it's a Honda, my dad has a 2002 acura TL, and i like that car, but the transmission is what ruins everything positive that the teggy could have, it shifts with the urgency of continental drift, and when it does shift it whips your head into the back or the of headrest. And I'm 6'2", I can't have my knee bent without losing the ability to make left turns.

So it's just not my kind of car...

But it gets great gas milage and has low miles on the clock, it's great for my sister, but even with the mileage, I still prefer to drive my 12 mpg pathy.

-Kyle

Yeah I feel you :) Neat car if manual, and for guys my height (5'11"). Very boring if auto and basic haha We briefly had a 98 honda CR-v with 10000 miles on the clock. (special deal from a family friend) it had some interesting features but was boring and slow as all get out.

Yeah I feel you :) Neat car if manual, and for guys my height (5'11"). Very boring if auto and basic haha We briefly had a 98 honda CR-v with 10000 miles on the clock. (special deal from a family friend) it had some interesting features but was boring and slow as all get out.

Agreed, would be a little better as a manual, but believe it or not, i have a couple friends with CR-V's and actually had one have me replace all of the brake and fuel lines (Rust NIGHTMARE) and i got to drive it, it was a manual, and i really liked it, AWD, tons of room, i would not mind dailying one, however on the list of preferred daily drivers, it WAY DOWN on the list.

• Like 1

that's what I thought! lol. Nah it's pretty much a go already, just waiting for school to be done so I can source a q45 donor and get to work!

p.s. ferrariowner that is a sick 280z!!!! Love the s30/s31 cars...one day... I already have a 1990 Z but theres something about the first gen Z cars!

Where is BC are you, there is a 1995 (the year you want) Q45 base for $1500, bet you could talk him to down to grand with US dollars, not Canadian funny money. Downside is it has 244K so it will need a full rebuild. Surprising feesable even with ARP everything.

And thanks, its a fun car to have, it a never ending project.

-Kyle

Being one of the younger people on here, and still living at home unfortunately, I don't have another personal car other than the Pathy. However, I figured I'd share what my family has:

2000 Lincoln Town Car- Panther Platform FTW! Slow, but gets about 15 in the city and rides like no other.

(No mods since pic)

2011-04-212011-04-21001001G_zpsd7b80790.

1995 Mercedes E320- Last of the great Mercedes. It knows exactly what it is, and is proud of it. Handles well, quick, impeccably pieced together, and breaks 100 without a sweat. Since picture, have put on new, wider, Michelins.

IMG_8066_zpsf16b4971.jpg

2003.5 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4. I learned to drive and off road in this. It has a few mods, and lots of factory goodies like: trailer package, Firestone rear air bags, KYB shocks all around (Moving to Bilstein), sport package (no chrome), trailer brake controller, leveling kit, spray in bedliner, 50 series Flowmaster, AEM Cold Air Intake, Powertrain Control Module upgrade, 3.92 gears with rear LSD, and finally '09 Ram rims on 285/70r17 Duratracs

IMG_2284_zpsd9437bd9.jpg

Now for the classics:

1962 VW Karmann Ghia, 120k miles, original 40 horse motor. No rust, and a work in progress (see paint). Runs and drives well with new brakes, battery, and Coker Thin Whitewalls on powdercoated original rims (not pictured).

IMG_3150_zps7eddca8d.jpg

And finally, a 1931 Ford Model A pickup. All stock, and working on the brakes/hubs currently. Just bought two months ago and am learning here and there.

IMG_1862G_zpsc2116e34.jpg

• Like 1

0sn7.jpg

jxir.jpg

q0nk.jpg

My current toy is a 1968 JEEP CJ5, and my DD is a 1995 Honda Accord 2,2 Vtech.

The JEEP has: factory Buick 225 V6, Dana 27 Front, Dana 44 rear, 4.88 gears, Dana 18 transfer case, T14 transmission. Running 235/75/15s right now, stock height.

• Like 1

Yeah there weren't too many of either cars made. The slicktop (hardtop) z32 300zx from my research only shows a few thousand made per year for the north american market.

Not sure on the numbers for the super hicas s13 but I sure haven't seen many around before. I've only ever seen one other one on the road and one in a junkyard once.

It also has really unique option selection because supposedly from my research; all 240sx hicas cars came with ABS, VLSD, and A/C, which slows them down a bit from the regular 240s.

Mine must be some special performance edition since it has all the interior options (cruise control, power mirrors, power windows, etc) but it has no ABS and no A/C as standard which I love, but it does have HICAS and VLSD it also has the oversized front and rear sway bars as standard. Has all the performance options without the heavy power robbing engine bay options. (Which makes ample room for all the turbo equipment I'm putting in)

The colour is supposedly rare as well, the 'misty blue metallic' was the 3rd rarest colour on a 240sx so when I repaint it, i'll definitely be using the factory colour code.

Needless to say I am keeping the car forever, lol.

That's pretty sweet man. I've seen quite a few of the HICAS cars back home and I have two friends that have them. Since everyone around my town drifts the first thing they do is delete it.

Haha yeah, drifting is huge here too (western speedway and saratoga both hold drift events) but I don't think ill be drifting this car. I do plan to auto-x it though so HICAS is a serious advantage with the tight corners. :)

I plan to buy another car to build into a drift pig, maybe an S12 200SX or something along those lines. Something that I wouldn't feel too badly if it kisses a wall every once in a while. :P My 240 is my baby, I wouldn't spend all this time and money fixing them up if I just planned to trash them drifting :P

p.s. to whoever asked, I live on Vancouver Island in BC. Up North island right now in Campbell River finishing my second year of university to get my diploma in Industrial Automation which also grants me third year electrical and third year instrumentation apprenticeships as well as a diploma of electronics specializing in automation.

Once school is done we will see where the jobs are but I am really trying to stay on the island. Grew up here and I freaking love it here, really don't want to go back to the lower mainland if I can help it!

Edited by Nefarious