Passenger door not unlocking properly

BobLoblaw

Hey guys,

I've had a problem lately unlocking my passenger door, from the inside and outside. From the inside, not matter how hard you pull, the lock knob will only come up and inch - leaving the door locked still. It eventually will open, if I work the door back and forth while trying to unlock it but it is a pain! What can I do to fix this? I have a 94 XE, manual windows, locks etc.

Remove the interior door trim and check all the linkages to make sure all the pins are properly seated and not coming undone and binding up. Spray some lubricant on all the moving parts of the lock mechanisms and work back and forth. It should become a little looser. Spray everything that has to do with the lock and door latch mechanism since you're in there already.

Oh, and don't pull to hard on the lock... You're likely to break something that way. That's the reason my passenger door can no longer be locked or unlocked from that side.

Edited by Kingman

Mine did that in the middle of winter last year, I just sprayed a bunch of PB blaster down the pull knob hole and it finally freed up.

i had that problem last month, i had to check the levers and re adjust where they were joining... though i think mine is not stock