my vehicle has turned into a weeble wobble

So i have a 1991 nissan pathfinder SE-V6 and just recently it started to kinda rock back and forth whenever i hit the gas while going around a turn. sometimes the wobble turns violent and the only way to stop it is to lay off the gas. i thought it was the shocks so i went and replaced them but the problem persists. The problem seems to be in the rear end. Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this and how i can stop it?:scratchhead:

Check to make sure you still have your anti-sway bars...

I have the same issue as you, but I have none... at all... and my bushings are shot... and other things need looked at >_>

Check bushings and sway bars first :)

• 2 weeks later...

well thanks for the help

My mechanic actually has it right now and i told him to check all the things you guys listed

Now i have to wait and see what he says

It was pretty funny. i went mudding yesterday and he goes "how the hell am i supposed to see anything under here when i cant tell which part is which?" lol

post-15292-1238205675_thumb.jpg

It was pretty funny. i went mudding yesterday and he goes "how the hell am i supposed to see anything under here when i cant tell which part is which?" lol

DOH!!! You didn't wash it off for him?? Gees man, you want to make things easier for your mechanic, NOT harder!!

B

• 1 month later...

mechanic looked it over.

not in the rear end.

front end actually. he thinks its my alignment.

its heading out to the shop tomorrow. had to replace the lower ball joints today first thought.

i actually just bought a nissan 240sx so the pathfinder might be getting put away for summer anyways

but ill check back tomorrow

• 11 years later...
On 5/19/2009 at 11:24 PM, FrankTheTank said:

mechanic looked it over.

not in the rear end.

front end actually. he thinks its my alignment.

its heading out to the shop tomorrow. had to replace the lower ball joints today first thought.

i actually just bought a nissan 240sx so the pathfinder might be getting put away for summer anyways

but ill check back tomorrow

update?