need a how-to on hockey puck lift

MudFinder95

i want to hockey puck lift my 95 le.... maybe just 2 inches since i heard with a 3 inch you cant shift into 4lo and you need a rad mod or something.

so should i go 2 or 3 inches? also what do i all need to buy, how many pucks needed, how long of bolts, anyone got a how-to on this....?

Edited by MudFinder95

i want to hockey puck lift my 95 le.... maybe just 2 inches since i heard with a 3 inch you cant shift into 4lo and you need a rad mod or something.

so should i go 2 or 3 inches? also what do i all need to buy, how many pucks needed, how long of bolts, anyone got a how-to on this....?

Try the search engine on here, there is heaps of previous posts on lifting your truck complete with pros and cons too.

DO NOT use hockey pucks, they can crack and break off. Just buy the 2" Performance Accessories kit, $80 and it has all the blocks and bolts ready to go.

last time i checked ACs was 140 for the 2" and like 115 for the 3" with everything except bumper relocation brkt or is it the radiator drop down...i don't remember

Here's what RuggedRocks has listed:

PER-4052 Performance Accessories - 2" Body Lift - 86 - 90 Nissan Pathfinder $179.95

PER-4053 Performance Accessories - 3" Body Lift - 86 - 90 Nissan Pathfinder $141.95

and what 4x4parts.com has listed:

Pathfinder 2 Inch Body Lift 1986.5-1989 Pathfinder 2 or 4WD $159.94USD

Pathfinder 2 Inch Body Lift 1990-1995 Pathfinder 2 or 4WD $170.22USD

Pathfinder 3 Inch Body Lift 1990-1995 Pathfinder 2 or 4WD $145.90USD

Pathfinder 3 Inch Body Lift 1987-1989 Pathfinder 2 & 4WD $121.90USD

I would personally buy from SteeevO b/c he's a member on here and I have read things in the past on shipping times/costs from AC but it looks like AC updated their list so I'm going to let steve know so he can check up on that

Edited by unccpathfinder

hmm i just looked at jegs and you can buy just the lift blocks for like $8 each but didnt see a nissan kit saw a lot of gmc/chevy/ford kits

so blocks alone would be $64 and I assume the bolts would be something like $4 each so thats $32 and then that doesn't give you extensions on everything else (i dont know if its really required but I think getting a whole kit would be the way to go)

heres what AC lists in the kit

* Provides more fender space for larger tires without as much change in ride characteristics compared to a suspension lift.

* Kit includes:

o front bumper relocation bracket

o power steering line extensions

o safety loop extension brackets

o transmission & transfer case extension

o , gas filler & vent line extensions

o high quality body blocks

o bolts and all necessary hardware.

* Special grade 8 bolts added for 90-95 Pathfinder applications.

* Complete Installation Instructions.

* This body lift can be used with a suspension lift.

I assume there may be enough slack in some things but not the fuel tank filler neck and a lot of the other stuff may be ok like the safety loop but if you were to hit it on the trail you may damage the driveshaft...

http://www.performanceaccessories.com/catalog/nissan.htm

Edited by unccpathfinder

Only difference with AC's kit is they add bolts to fit later models with a larger rear bolt. I'd buy the kit at Jegs (again same PA kit) then hit McMaster-Carr and order the 2 rear bolts.