My Custom Bumper Design

01silvapathy

So today when I was at the libary studying I figured that I would design a Bumper to build since I dont want to pay gobbs of money to buy one. And here is what I came up with, Its based off of both a friends bumper and the KMA bumper.

Front w/o Pre Runner

Andrewsbumper1.jpg

Side w/o Pre Runner

Andrewsbumper3.jpg

Front With Pre Runner

Andrewsbumper81.jpg

Rear With Pre Runner- Notice Cut out for future winch

Andrewsbumper9.jpg

Here is how it will look- A friend built this bumper from scratch and it looks amazing

IMG_1023.jpg

Only questions are how do I mount it, those of you with ARB/KMA bumpers if you have pics of the brackets that would be greatly appreciated if you pm them to me or post them up!!

the brackets are pretty intricate. they use 3 large and 2 small bolts. there's a metal tab thingy that fits nicely into the ARB bracket, but can be a PITA if you're making a custom mount. you can see the metal tab in the first pic:

DSC06466.jpg

DSC06464.jpg

DSC06478.jpg'

DSC06480.jpg

Here is what i did for my winch mount. I cut the stock tow points and welded them to the the plate so i could bolt it on the bottom side as well. The pinch seam makes mounting a pain but I didn't think grinding the seam flat was a good idea. I don't know if the little U piece spanning the gap was necessary but it made me feel better.

20070623003.jpg

20070623016.jpg

Here are some images that KMA sent me a while back...

IMG_0787.JPG

Here, you can see the stock bumper supports without the brackets.

IMG_0788.JPG

Here, you can see where they've modified the frame extensions to clear their brackets.

IMG_0795.JPG

Here you can see the holes drilled for the brackets.

IMG_0796.JPG

Here you can see how the bracket for the bumper mounts to the frame extensions.

IMG_0797.JPG

Other side.

normal_P1000932.JPG

TJM T-15 bracket for comparison. The KMA is weak, cheap and quite shoddy, actually.

Thanks everone for putting up pics for mounting options! Im going to go home with Jared some time this semester and we are going to take off the bumper and mess around with options. And Alex, the bumper is not going to be built until summer, cause Jareds house is 3 hours away from school, and my parents moved to cali so yall are going to have to wait, but its most def going to happen!!

I did the same research for a front bumper still in the works. After looking at the 3 options (ARB, TJM and KMA :scratchhead: ) I chose to use something similar to the TJM mounting approach, since it seems the simplest and cleanest.

Here is a view of the bumper. The measurements are only aproximate, taken as well as I could without actually removing the front bumper:

NissanPathfinderBumpers5.png

Here is a closeup of the mounts:

FrontBumperMounts.jpg

Edited by arcano

• 6 years later...

If it's the TJM brackets your after, you might be out of luck. The company stopped producing that bumper a long time ago.

You might be able to shoot TJM an email and see if they can make/get you some. But best bet is probably going to be make it yourself or have a shop make it.

-Kyle

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did the same research for a front bumper still in the works. After looking at the 3 options (ARB, TJM and KMA http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/scratchheadyellow.gif ) I chose to use something similar to the TJM mounting approach, since it seems the simplest and cleanest.

Here is a view of the bumper. The measurements are only aproximate, taken as well as I could without actually removing the front bumper:

NissanPathfinderBumpers5.png

Here is a closeup of the mounts:

FrontBumperMounts.jpg

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have a cad file for these mounts or something similar?