Arizona anyone?

beastpath

Wondering if there are any active members from Phoenix or the surrounding area that want to get together at some point?

We could start a NPORA: Arizona Chapter or something. :tongue:

and it might be useful for helping each other with projects etc.

Not to mention we could organize wheeling trips...

• 1 month later...

alright! a few people have responded.

My pathfinder is currently under construction too, but when shes running again I'm thinking we should plan a NPORA meet up somewhere between Phx and Flagstaff (somewhere out of the heat!!)

• 2 weeks later...

im in flag and would love to join yall sometime but i dont think i can afford to take my rig on anything hard core for a long time

right now my prioritys for my truck are

speedo

cv axles both of these should be fixed by this weekend or so

fixing the body damage

getting new tires

maybe new shocks but i might just wait until i can afford a sus lift

and if i find a nice grill guard lights cb radio or anything interesting for cheap i find on the way

but it wont be until at least next summer before i can afford to put on a lift kit

i was thinking something easy for a meet this summer, although i may try to go to crown king in oct. when finals are over ill look up some nice trails in between phx and flag and try to set a date and see who all can go.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

im down in sierra vista, which is basically just a little hike from mexico so going up to flag would be a little hard for me, though fun i went to nau for a year and loved it. there's one pathy owner down here i met at a mechanic shop who has a nice rig and siad he's looked at npora but isn't a member, there's also a lot of pathfinders in general here. but none besides that other guy that do offroading stuff that i've seen. the local 4x4 club down here is practically all wranglers too. they poked a little fun of the xterra i went out with on one run untill i went through it with street tires. (i went with my dad who owns the xterra and wanted to use it, and he has since baught some all terain tires).

Just moved down to Chandler, what part of phoenix are you from Beast Path?

I'm in north Phx, up near where the 101 meets tatum. I'm down in tempe and chandler all the time though.

Where did you move from?

im down in sierra vista, which is basically just a little hike from mexico so going up to flag would be a little hard for me, though fun i went to nau for a year and loved it. there's one pathy owner down here i met at a mechanic shop who has a nice rig and siad he's looked at npora but isn't a member, there's also a lot of pathfinders in general here. but none besides that other guy that do offroading stuff that i've seen. the local 4x4 club down here is practically all wranglers too. they poked a little fun of the xterra i went out with on one run untill i went through it with street tires. (i went with my dad who owns the xterra and wanted to use it, and he has since baught some all terain tires).

Plenty of trails in southern AZ too. We should plan one in North AZ and one in South AZ. I get lots of nasty looks from jeep owners here too, and 4x4 shops can be pretty scornful too.

oh there's plenty of trails all over the palce, and i've found a few deserts with enough room inbetween the big shrubs to go completely off trail :D

around agaust ill be back in school so i don't know how much time, and im in a stock truck so i can't do to hard core stuff. but it would would be way fun to go out with a bunch of nissans. there's one guy in the club here who has an yota lc with a sticker that says made to rescue J**ps, i was surprised they had let him in.

im thinking early august, depends on when I get my truck sorted out. Not much time either unfortunately as am in summer school.

Some nice wine country in southern AZ, good destination points! :friday:

I really need to get out soon. I wouldn't mind playing around Table Mesa. It is really f-ing hot though. 115* likely by the weekend, but rain next week. There could be some sloppy stuff soon with the monsoon. My Pathy is pretty stock too so I'm not looking for anything hard core. I'm near I-17 and 101.

im thinking early august, depends on when I get my truck sorted out. Not much time either unfortunately as am in summer school.

Some nice wine country in southern AZ, good destination points! :friday:

yeah i know of two wine vineyards down here but don't know anything about offroading to get there. usually when i want quick fun i go up canyon rds and paly around.

I really need to get out soon. I wouldn't mind playing around Table Mesa. It is really f-ing hot though. 115* likely by the weekend, but rain next week. There could be some sloppy stuff soon with the monsoon. My Pathy is pretty stock too so I'm not looking for anything hard core. I'm near I-17 and 101.

No joke its HOT! I'm game sometime. I work in anthem, thats not far from Table Mesa.

Minnesota, only took it on one trail up there which it had no problem with. Mine is pretty basic as well. Definitely up for something in the desert though. Not too sure how to distinguish between Indian territory and trails though... haha otherwise I'd be out there more often haha.

I'm in the White Mountains, Lakeside to be exact. I used to live in Northern California and wheeled this thing a ton before I moved here. I've taken her off road a couple of times since but nothing serious. I know of a couple of trails here but haven't explored them much as I'm still looking for parts to fix the front end. I found a junkyard with the parts I need and now it's just a matter of money. Hopefully it won't be long nad I'll be back out on the trails again.

Minnesota, only took it on one trail up there which it had no problem with. Mine is pretty basic as well. Definitely up for something in the desert though. Not too sure how to distinguish between Indian territory and trails though... haha otherwise I'd be out there more often haha.

lol well i say if there's no sign saying don't do this then go ahead and do it. of course i've come across some signs that say close gate behind you and when i get to the other side of the property the other gate was locked so i had to turn around and find another way off, which was fun anyways.