Pet Barrier

dernt

Resurrection!

I think 01LE is selling his on Kijiji, judging by the pics here and in the ad. The old part number seems to be NLA as mentioned previously, but 999M1-VN002 appears to be the 03-04 model equivalent (yet with a higher pricetag) and still available.

My question: how secure is the barrier? Does it just discourage pets, or does it actually have some stopping power for cargo? It looks to be structural sound, especially with that built-in shelf.

I don't have a dog, but I do have 2 toddlers (ha, and no, they won't be in the cargo area!). I'm planning to get some camping trips over the years, and the last thing I want is any cargo entering the middle row where the kids are, of course. I plan to build a storage system and low-profile roof rack to manage a lot of my gear, leaving mostly soft goods or storage containers above the seat line, if anything.

Anyone with the OEM barrier had any concerns?

There are 6 (I think) tie down loops under the carpet in the cargo area floor and some more on the sides to secure stuff. And we all know the kids ride on the roof racks.

I want one of these just to hang pouches from it and stuff. Maybe attach a shovel to it.

What about some MOLLE panels?

There are 6 (I think) tie down loops under the carpet in the cargo area floor and some more on the sides to secure stuff. And we all know the kids ride on the roof racks.

Yeah, there are 4 C-ring anchors on the cargo floor, which I've replaced with these D-ring style ones (they're a perfect fit). The 2 plastic anchors are for a small cargo net or something. But the floor ones aren't involved with this pet carrier, but the other "loops" on the sides and pillar are. The loops themselves aren't used, but the bolts (screws) that hold that plastic in place are. The concern I have is I'm pretty sure they're a standard Nissan sheet metal screw instead of threaded, machine bolt. I've stripped body metal holes with this standard screws too easily. Not that I couldn't put a threaded insert or blind-nut in its place for peace of mind. (Ha, I wonder if I should incorporate LATCH points on my roof rack...)