Pet Barrier

dernt

Can anyone suggest a nice fitting well made pet barrier for the R50? My dog likes to trash my interior after going for a swim. I'd also like to hear what to stay away from if you've had some bad experience.

I know Trainman had one in his pathy, which afaik, served him well... hopefully he will chime in, or check out some of his older posts.

Beat me to it Pezzy B) BTW, how are those Leafs doing? :hide:

Here is mine, its from Canadian Tire and worked well for what I was using it for. $100 CDN when I bought it (wow, $148 now CT Link ):

Rack2_1.jpg

The only issue you may have is the bottom feet kicking out, not an issue for me as I used a piece of hardboard as a floor that I drilled holes into for the feet to fit in:

Rack4withfloor_1.jpg

It uses pressure to hold the top to the roof, just tighten the wing nuts on the rods till its as tight as you need.

I had one in my R50 that I got from Petsmart...looked exactly like Trainman's and IIRC it only cost about $75.00. Worked great, just need to make sure it's nice and tight or it rattles a bit. I mainly used it to clip things to.

Google search...

pPETS-3756519dt.jpg

That's the Petsmart one, it's listed online for $69.99. Was completely expandable/collapsible to make it fit just right...

I had one in my R50 that I got from Petsmart...looked exactly like Trainman's and IIRC it only cost about $75.00. Worked great, just need to make sure it's nice and tight or it rattles a bit. I mainly used it to clip things to.

Google search...

pPETS-3756519dt.jpg

That's the Petsmart one, it's listed online for $69.99. Was completely expandable/collapsible to make it fit just right...

Mine is very similar, except that the center is one piece (ie 3 pieces altogether). I used wire ties to get rid of the rattles. And only $70? Jeesh, I wish... (I just paid $225 for a set of 4 mudflaps for the Forester, stupid exchange and brokerage fees................)

As for rollover protection, I wish that too.......

And those Aussie ones Pezzy found are awesome!

Here's the pics. This is the OEM Nissan cargo divider. I got it from my local Nissan dealer. I think I paid around $130.00

That's just what I want. Did you get that in the US? Was it a recent purchase?

That's just what I want. Did you get that in the US? Was it a recent purchase?
Yep it was purchased at a dealer in the states. They had to special order it. But it only took about a week. It was about 6 months ago that I got it. Here's the part number 999M1-VK000 Edited by 01LE

Pezzy, Thanks for the heads up. I ordered one that was on clearance at a Nissan dealer, and I got it for 109.00 delivered. Well, I didn't get it yet, but hopefully the order goes through.

I received and installed the OEM one and it worked great. These have been discontinued by Nissan, but there are a few left in the US. If you are interested, go to your local Nissan dealer, and they can search on availability. If you want the one on Craig's list, that is a good deal and the brackets would be an easy fab. They are just 'L' shaped.

The Milford one would be the nicest if you are downunder.