WELLLLLL what do i do now lol

iLLlegal

so I'm out here in my garage just about to get started on replacing my thermostat. well the first thing we need to do is to drain the radiator.

so I go under the pathfinder and examine how to do this. you have to remove this so called "skidplate" to drain right?! WRONG!

further examination of the skidplate shows that the previous jackass... sorry owner decided to remove the bolts that hold it on and WELD it into place

looks like i wont be draining my radiator tonight!!! just beer now!

sorry just a rant, havent had one of those in awhile :thumbsdown:

Even if you use the actual drain, you should be able to reach it from the top, and there should be a hose that runs through a hole in the "skid plate".

I just pop the hoses also, but with the skid in place that would make a hell of a mess.

Yep drivers side and it "should" have a rubber hose that points backwards and then 90's down through a hole in the skid plate/splash gaurd (because they are hardly skid plates :lol: ) as mentioned before. If you don't see if from below, look from the top, it may bethere just not sticking down through the hole ;)

If it's not there you can still let it drain onto the skid plate, just use a larger container to catch it.. that little dip in the bottom back of the skid plate is where most of it will drain from iirc

ah awesome guys! k ill check this out tonight. it looks rather hard to reach it from the top but i have long skinny arms that could probably pull it off.

and nope that little dip is not welded :) so maybe this wil actually work. ill keep everyone updated . TY

Edited by iLLlegal