Rubicon Trip AUG 6th - 9th

msavides

Well I have committed myself to doing the Rubicon this august. I am currently going with about 10 other Vehicles of different variety on a local Wheeling Forum. I was wondering if there would be any other Nissans willing to come along so I am not the only Nissan there. I will share more details if there is any interest.

Mark

Edited by msavides

have fun.. gonna be rough in a few spots in a stock pathy.

don't even try to go west from Rubicon springs, you won't make it.

you can go east into rubicon springs, but comming west is uphill..

Make sure to go on an off weekend, there are alot of events in August and you don't want to be there during the jeep jamboree.

take lots of water, and pack dry ice in a cooler, or you will run out of ice quickly

(i've done the con twice)

have fun.. gonna be rough in a few spots in a stock pathy.

don't even try to go west from Rubicon springs, you won't make it.

you can go east into rubicon springs, but comming west is uphill..

Make sure to go on an off weekend, there are alot of events in August and you don't want to be there during the jeep jamboree.

take lots of water, and pack dry ice in a cooler, or you will run out of ice quickly

(i've done the con twice)

thanks for the advice. the guys are scheduling this around the jamboree. I am not really stock (except I am still ifs in the front) and only have 32" tires. I don't expect this to be a cakewalk, I am hoping to be helped out with some good spotting by some guys who have already been here a few times.

Do keep in mind dean has done the rubicon IFS and no frame =O

Keep in mind there is doing the rubicon and doing the entire rubicon. (not using bypasses) Not to say I will be not using the Bypasses, LOL however others in the group may choose not to use the bypasses. I read his report on the trip. It is my main basis (confidence) in going.

• 1 month later...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Mark!!!!!!!! damn damn damn!!!!!!! we are driving King to Indiana in MAY :headwall: (he's too big & fat to fit in Doug's enclosed trailer) and Mini will be the only rig I have here when I do the main move in August...... that woulda been SUCH a sweet "pit stop" on the way to Indiana too *cries* I haven't done the 'con since I had my Jeep

• 2 months later...

this is on my mind now... sounds like there is lots of wheeling to be had at the end of the year...but we'll see if $$ permits.

anyone need sliders? :)

Edited by SteeevO

• 1 month later...
Is this still happening? Are you getting excited mark?! Hope you've been preparing.

It is still happening. However I just noticed a clunk in my front passenger wheel well. And I have not time to investigate it. Looks like I may have to pass this year and try and make it next year.

Sucks. I am going to try and be someones Trail bitch for the trip though.