Where are all the OZies

Cyril

yeh the kids are all good. Exept for my oledst. He is 10 so he is feeling the pinch with moving from his friends. But he will move on. I work in the aluminium security industry. Doors and windows. Mainly with crimsafe. So i have all sorts of experience. From welding to powdercoating to office work. Just resigned from a production managers position. But hours have to be flexable couse of the kids. Im not in any rush to find work. If not ill go and study health and safety

Cool mate, there is an aluminium security door fab shop across the road from where I work.

Here is a taste of whats here for ya, went mudding today, its only 10 minutes from my place

DSC00283.jpg

thanks for the well wishes guys. In broken hill nsw broken down....lol fixed the old girl now.carby issues and the axle gave way on the trailer before i left.... All fixed only 2806 km to go and racq on speed dial. Got to go. Hopefully see you all when i adventualy get there

thanks for the well wishes guys. In broken hill nsw broken down....lol fixed the old girl now.carby issues and the axle gave way on the trailer before i left.... All fixed only 2806 km to go and racq on speed dial. Got to go. Hopefully see you all when i adventualy get there

At least your able to fix it when you need to. You only have the straight boring bit to go now.

well new update from the trip. The axle riped out from the trailer dumping it on its belly spitting the chewed up axel into the bush. Then i finnaly got the tilt tray ouut to the triler then the car @!*% itself. So 2 tilt trays latter and im back in the same motel room as i was in last night. Thankgod for the racq. Cost me nothing so far....lol just alot of stressssssssssssssss

Cyril, have you got your truck on the road yet? Let us know how it goes off-road

Have been plaqued with an electrical gremlin , so progress is very slow until i can work it out . At 5000 rpm it pops and the inside electrics ( all of them ) go dull , so theirs a bit of a miss thier . Have upgraded the return fuel line to the largest hose to help with the return flow which at idle is quite impressive as it was over fueling . Replaced the O2 sensor and coolant temp sensor as the engine thought it was at -46C and was overloading it with fuel which filled the sump .

Am very concerned with the new engineering laws , as thier getting very strict . :thumbsdown: and the Lancer needs rego and about a grand of bits before rego so it's going to be slow for a bit longer . On the upside i just went up a grade at work ( YEH ) , so more coin for the Pathy .

well new update from the trip. The axle riped out from the trailer dumping it on its belly spitting the chewed up axel into the bush. Then i finnaly got the tilt tray ouut to the triler then the car @!*% itself. So 2 tilt trays latter and im back in the same motel room as i was in last night. Thankgod for the racq. Cost me nothing so far....lol just alot of stressssssssssssssss

Crap mate, your having a rough trot of it so far. Hope you have some luck getting the trailer back on the road and the pathy sorted.

G'day all,

Would anyone here in Oz happen to have a spare TD27 alternator lying around? I have a mate who's alty gave out on the weekend and he has been quoted 600 bucks to replace it. If you do happen to have one, let me know how much you would part with it for and I will pass it on.

Cheers

Edited by DavefromOZ

Hehe or the vacuum pump from behind it, mine has started to leak a fair bit.

Thanks.

Adam

Wanneroo 4x4 wreckers might have one, or try perth 4wd centre. Both list Terranos on their website.

Just a hint too, Wanneroo 4x4 also do the R20 Terrano, which came with factory intercooled TD2.7, they cooler will bolt straight up to ours. Grab one if they have one and let me know how it fits.

I'm the guinea pig hey?! I thought about the wreckers but Wanneroo 4x4 have always been really expensive.

Except for when my car was broken into, they gave me the bits of the dash that were broken for free... After my sob story.

Ok, prices are in, my vacuum pump is $165, they didn't have any R20's there so the other intercoolers that they had (assuming they're from a GU or something) were $220 and hood scoops from GU's are $165.

To me all of this seems like a rip-off...

If you're interested then I know a guy off Perth4x4 that had an intercooler from a honda or something that he only wanted $50 for, I don't know if he still has it. I can give you his number if you want.

Thats cool mate, I might be able to get my hands on a GT4 intercooler, is small top mount, would need some minor modification which I can get done at work. If not I will let you know.