"Offroading" slang

unccpathfinder

Alright...i've been around the boards for a while and i've heard all kinds of slang terms for offroading...whether it be rocks, mud or whatever else there is...and i grew up on many different terms and figured i'd start a thread to see what folks had...i'll just mention one that I think is pretty unique to where i'm from and let the rest fall into place

back home we used to go muddin' a lot but we never called it muddin' (and i guess its kinda a lie from above b/c muddin' is one of those terms" but me and my buddies and the folks in the area refred to it as Rootin' like a pig rootin in the mud or a dog rootin in their bed tryin to get comfy...I've never heard folks refer to it as that other than where i come from but its what we called it...

let'em roll on out

As in sand dunes or beaches...

May be more of a sand rail/ATV thing. :shrug:

B

yea i got that from the word...but hadn't ever heard of it before...

i guess some others for us were ruttin', rompin', stump jumpin' and crawlin

i know someone around the board used mobbin and i'm still not sure what the connotation of that one is...

I think it's like with the mob, yo. Wheeling with the posse, werd!! :D

:shrug:

B

Or wheeling with the mafia. You would need a pathy to find a secluded area and to haul the bodies :ph33r::shiftyeyes:

Edited by adamzan

The few people I wheel with in Oregon call it hittin' the trails or runnin' the trails. Back in Texas we would say, "You wanna go tear some $h!t up?" Yes, I'm a redneck......

:handlebars: .....yeee haw you somebatch! Imona murray mu sister!!

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't heard someone refer to it as "rootin'" since I left Florida...Out here it's mudding 'cause that's all there is to do..nothing technical. So Cal, we refered to it as it was technical. Wheeling would consist of fire roads, light rock patches and hills...Technical rock stuff was crawling, desert was dune running or just plain getting stuck...lol.

Um.... wheelin'....... thats it. :-) or in jersey we used to play hell car... we would buy old cars for like $100 and drive the @!*% out of em in the woods... chase our friends too.. got pretty scary! :friday:

Um.... wheelin'....... thats it. :-) or in jersey we used to play hell car... we would buy old cars for like $100 and drive the @!*% out of em in the woods... chase our friends too.. got pretty scary! :friday:

Lol, that sounds like my younger brother and his friend. They buy cheap ass cars/trucks, get 'em running, thrash 'em on and off road til they're dead, then part them out for more than they paid.