Central Cal Monthly wheeling trip?

SC88Pathy

As for what needs working on my truck:

I need to replace the boots on the CV's I traded UNCC for, I need to change my transmission fluid, and install a transmission cooler.

I was hoping to hit up a pick n pull sometime soon to find an Explorer transmission cooler or two, and maybe a 90amp Maxima Alt.

Anyone want to make a trip to the South San Jose pick'n'pull sometime soon?

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone, anyone help me out?

I lost second and fourth. The auto will not shift into second and it will not stay in fourth. I am PRAYING that this is a stuck solenoid, and a transmission fluid change will help it. The Pathfinder is my daily driver and my only way of getting around, and as some of you know I don't have a stable source of income to afford to fix this, nor any savings.

I don't really know how to change the transmission fluid (besides dropping the pan, and I already know that I will have to drop my exhaust and probably a crossmember too, not fun). I'v been told I can disconnect the fluid lines at the cooler and then pump the fluid out, and then pump new fluid in, but that it's a two man operation and I don't really have anyone around here who could help me (the only friend I have who's mechanically inclined I wouldn't let 50 feet around the Pathy with a set of tools).

Can anyone help me out and show me how to do this? Please?

A fluid change will not fix that problem, i suggest taking a good look at the fluid and seeing how burnt it is. Got manual 2nd?

Fluid is definatly not looking good. I can't really tell how bad it is though, but I know it's not as pink as it should be, I'll try to take a pic once it stops raining.

By manual do you mean a haynes or FSM? If so no. If you mean a manual trans, no it's an auto, and if you mean can I manually shift into second, that's also a no.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Been busy and havent been on the forums a lot. I think Steevo was planning some trips. I dont know what the current status was on that tho. About the monthly trips, some of us have been broken down and others are just busy so its hard to gather people. Whats everyone's availability now and days?

well i'll be starting school in 2 weeks, so i'll be less available.

i'll also be in san luis obispo, further away from nor cal and the sierra and its beautiful trails :[

and i'm tryin to save up money for my swap. plus i think i bashed my CL pretty good last time i went wheeling. check out my axle and leaf packs :D

i'll be down to work on other ppl's rigs on mod days tho. or be someone's trail b!tch.

P7230194.jpg

Edited by StatutoryApe

pick n pull in my town. 268 bux. it wasn't toooo bad of a price. i got raped w/ 40 dollars in core charges for the axle and leaves. and i don't have any extra ones laying around to give back for the core charge :/

it's funny though, i went to pick and pull to get a tie rod to replace the one that i had bent at prairie city (weak, i know) when i saw that wagoneer with that d44. i thought, screw it, i'll just get that axle and not have to replace bent up steering ever again :D

I'd still be down to go on wheeling trips

However I'd need to figure out a way to have my pathfinder towed to and from the park. It still has first (and third! But you don't really ever need third off road), reverse, 4hi and 4lo, it's just no longer registered or insured.

• 2 weeks later...

Timing belt this weekend, but it looks like 2-3 weeks for the new tires. The suspension lift and front end rebuild will take another weekend so it looks like I'm out for the rest of the summer... :shrug:

B

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in for meets and greets. I am in Pleasanton, still Bay Area, but close to hi 5 and Manteca, and I can also take the 605 to the 87 to SANTA CRUZ or the 5 to the 152 for Hollister, and I used to live in Rancho Cucamonga, so I am down for any SoCal meets, especially if we do a nice big one! Of corse I need a little notice, but it should be good! :itsallgood:

Edited by GreyAliens

Last year we had a pretty big So Cal meet up, I was unable to attend though. No word on whether that's going to happen again this year though...

I'm in the process of getting a transmission for my Pathy. Might be another two months until I can have enough to register and insure it though.

Last year we had a pretty big So Cal meet up, I was unable to attend though. No word on whether that's going to happen again this year though...

I'm in the process of getting a transmission for my Pathy. Might be another two months until I can have enough to register and insure it though.

yeah i thought i was getting my Pathy tomorrow and after going over the bills, i have to wait until next week, and even then, I doubt I will have the money to register it... and i was hoping to spend a $150 on a stereo... so i guess count me in but two months from now heh heh just to be sure....

• 1 month later...

Timing belt this weekend, but it looks like 2-3 weeks for the new tires. The suspension lift and front end rebuild will take another weekend so it looks like I'm out for the rest of the summer... :shrug:

B

Well, don't feel bad. I just finished the suspension lift/front end rebuild, everything seems to take much longer than I plan for. :shrug:

I have an exhaust leak, so I'm going to try to install the headers/custom exhaust next. STAY AWAY, RAIN!!!

B