Rear Coil Springs for 96 Pathfinder

nmedeiros25

Hello everyone, I'm driving a 96 Pathfinder 4WD. Since Christmas I've had the "Death Wobble". I have searched this site and found the problem could either be my rear control links or arms or it could be my panhard rod? She wobbles at speeds between 50 and 60mph and begins to wobble when there is even the slightest dip in the road. I myself have looked under my truck (even though I do not have a clue) to try to see if something is broken. During my inspection I found that there are rubber parts randomly sitting inside of both rear coil springs. Could this be a part of my wobble problem? I can't seem to find a detailed diagram of the undercarriage of my truck, so I'm unsure of where the rubber belongs. My truck has about 152,000 miles on it and I've owned her for 5 years.

Forgive me for being a newbie..lol.... :wub: I'm going to try to post a pic, hope it works.post-11894-1233081951_thumb.jpg

PS

If anyone knows where I can

find a detailed diagram of the

undercarriage of my truck I

would really appreciate it.

Lol, my bump stops have been sitting in the coils like that since I got it. It was one of the first things I wanted to fix, but I never really got around to it, and they're still doing their job so /shrug.

Hello everyone, I'm driving a 96 Pathfinder 4WD. Since Christmas I've had the "Death Wobble". I have searched this site and found the problem could either be my rear control links or arms or it could be my panhard rod? She wobbles at speeds between 50 and 60mph and begins to wobble when there is even the slightest dip in the road. I myself have looked under my truck (even though I do not have a clue) to try to see if something is broken. During my inspection I found that there are rubber parts randomly sitting inside of both rear coil springs. Could this be a part of my wobble problem? I can't seem to find a detailed diagram of the undercarriage of my truck, so I'm unsure of where the rubber belongs. My truck has about 152,000 miles on it and I've owned her for 5 years.

Forgive me for being a newbie..lol.... :wub: I'm going to try to post a pic, hope it works.post-11894-1233081951_thumb.jpg

PS

If anyone knows where I can

find a detailed diagram of the

undercarriage of my truck I

would really appreciate it.

Hi ,I have just replaced the bush's in the top and bottom arms and it stopped the rear steering when i went over a bump.Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi ,I have just replaced the bush's in the top and bottom arms and it stopped the rear steering when i went over a bump.Hope that helps.

I have a 99.5 build date 12/98 that get a wobble that can be felt in the steering wheel (wheel moves about an inch) I replaced rear shocks didn't help replaced front struts wobble is better but still there. What is the costt of replacing the parts ypu are talking about??