Aftermarket Amp mounting

RowdoggNZ

Just doing a walk around of my 4door wd21, where have others mounted aftermarket amps? I was thinking maybe underneath one of the front seats or maybe on the back of the rear seats. Ideas?

PS: I searched, honest i took a screenshot :P

Cheers

Dogg

Just doing a walk around of my 4door wd21, where have others mounted aftermarket amps? I was thinking maybe underneath one of the front seats or maybe on the back of the rear seats. Ideas?

PS: I searched, honest i took a screenshot :P

Cheers

Dogg

There's not enough air space under the front seats to properly mount an amp IMO. On the back of the rear seat is about the best place I've found so far in side this vehicle.

My main issue with putting it on the back of the rear seats is security, its a tempting thing to have on your back seat. I do have an alarm installed but i still think its unnecessary temptation. Cheers for the feedback.

dont have pix of my intl on the 2 dr but i mounted it where the old spare tire carrier was (on the inside)

One thing you can do is take off some panels in the rear and possibly install it between the rear fender and the structure depending on in the amp is big enough to fit through one of the cutouts (the rear tail light access door or the taillight hole itself is probably the largest ones available...the only problem with this area is if you do any water crossings or live in a really moist place you may fry the amp b/c its not water tight... or maybe even the rear hatch but that would be a bitch to route the wires...

you could possibly do it behind or in the glovebox

I've also mounted it to the side of the box that the amp was in and figured if they wanted to steal it i'd rather them take the whole deal in one clean motion rather than destroy my truck trying to get it out

Heres what i was talking about access holes when you remove the interior panels...I think you could squeeze an amp through ones of these guys...

DSCN2241.jpg

Edited by unccpathfinder

• 3 weeks later...
DSCN2241.jpg

Dammit boy!! looks like you were a bit bored and decided to play "lets find out how a pathfinder is built" That night! :lmao:

I also mounted my amp to the subwoofer box. Kinda figured if I gotta remove the sub box for extra capacity the amp can come out as well!

Hello John, havent been around in a long while. Finally got most of the remodeling done on da house and got my internet back up and going, so I should be checking in a lot more from now on. Good to see you again...well see you in a sense.

Dammit boy!! looks like you were a bit bored and decided to play "lets find out how a pathfinder is built" That night! lmaosmiley.gif

haha "that was get it into pieces big enough to take to the scrap yard in my landlords truck"

I also mounted my amp to the subwoofer box. Kinda figured if I gotta remove the sub box for extra capacity the amp can come out as well!

Hello John, havent been around in a long while. Finally got most of the remodeling done on da house and got my internet back up and going, so I should be checking in a lot more from now on. Good to see you again...well see you in a sense.

Good to hear from ya...I'm still awaiting my move to start stripping my 95 and get the ole 87 up and running...yea I had a blast down in Baton Rouge...we got some wheeling done and some beers drank and my buddy commited to his woman...it was good times i'm hoping to go back soon

I was thinking last night on my way home that mounting it to the roof right in front of the rear speakers might be a nice place...but its just a matter of building up your own bracketry

Edited by unccpathfinder

custom sub box with a 12" sub and the volume in the box is very small but it pounds decent. The box sits overtop of the wheelwell and the sub points toward the interior mounted spare with the front of the box angled off to follow the lean of the rear seat and sits only about an inch past the wheelwell so it takes up way less room(about half)than the spare.

a 1200W xplod which is mounted on top and the end fits into the 1.5" inset of the window and is flush to the opposite edge. A scrap yard bent grill painted completes the setup which is bolted with angle iron to the floor. Totally out of the way and the cargo area is still useful. Loud enough to impress everyone who comes in my truck. Sorry but I got no pics yet. Plan on getting a low profile sub and cutting out part of the metal interior rear quarter panel so it only sticks out 2"s past the side.

Only bad part is the amp is in totally plane sight of passerbys but I plan on carpetting the rear windows as they are all but useless

I think mounting any electronic on the floor is a stupid, stupid idea if you wheel and go through water. Ahem, ECU UNDER THE PASSENGER SEAT, NISSAN! :rant2:

Me TOO!! I also think having a sub box with two twelves that take up the entire trunk rendering it almost useless is stupid! It doesnt take much to biuld a custom box which is taller than it is wide and mount it to the side. You will love the extra space. As for sound quality, I dont know the difference bettween the big ass boxes and my tiny one but mine is really loud and goes way louder than my speakers can.

Heres what i was talking about access holes when you remove the interior panels...I think you could squeeze an amp through ones of these guys...

I mounted my sub amp like that. I just stuffed it through the bracing, drilled mounting holes and bolted it in.

mine used to be on my back seat as well. then when i had to redo all my interior when i did my body swap, my dad mounted my amp under the driver seat cuz he's paranoid about those kinda things. it fits decently, but only cuz it's small (200W max)

Ive got my amp sitting under the pass. seat with a 12" sub in the boot. The amp isnt bolted or screwed down, the wiring keeps it pretty secure plus you dont have to take the seat out to adjust it