WHOO! Finally installed my body lift

95pathyoffroad

just letting everyone know how excited i am about installing my body lift(girlfriend bought it for me )... got up at 8 in the morning and was done before work at 4...

anyway, has anyone had any problems getting the 2 rear bolts to go in? im only having problems with 1

next step is the jgc coils and crankin my t-bars

as soon as i learn how to put up pictures i will

Yep....seen that before. Typically (I've done 4 or 5 of them on WD21's and WD22's now) I'll thread the rearmost bolts in, after taking out the old ones, and the rear blocks. That way, they help keep everything aligned while installing the other blocks and bolts. Then remove them, install the blocks, and put them back in.

The rearmost are the worst bolts, yu have to be lined up perfectly or they won't go. I actually dented my fender trying to shift the body over 1/8" to get them to line up. One thing that can help get you set close it to pull the block back out and get the bolt in and look to see if it is at an angle, if so manuver the body as needed to get it straight, then replace the block and bolt it up. Hopefully you didn't tighten down the other bolts already, becaus having them loose is what makes you able to shift it around.

by the way.... wat would cause my doors to catch a little they shut but the driver side has to be slammed harder

was i supposed to leave the rubber stock pieces between the body and frame in... i didnt, please dont tell me it will cause problems later....

did anyone else have to relocate the power steering resevour?

and do i completely remove the fan shrowd from the truck (take it out of the truck completely)

Yes you were supposed to leave the rubber isolators in. They're there for a reason. You'll chance cracking body mounts with them out. They take some of the shock away from bumps. Shouldn't make too much difference with your doors though. The body may have tweaked a bit.

Yes, I had to lower my PS pump. No big deal.

Don't remove the shroud completely. Take the bottom piece off (it's a little strip that's considered the "lower shroud" and put it back in. The fan uses it to direct air in. It's important.

Edited by Simon

Yes you were supposed to leave the rubber isolators in. They're there for a reason. You'll chance cracking body mounts with them out. They take some of the shock away from bumps. Shouldn't make too much difference with your doors though. The body may have tweaked a bit.

do you recomend putting the rubber pieces back in...

i took them out cuz i couldnt seem to get the body high enough to keep them in, wat should be loosened to get the extra inch out of it

Yeah, if it was me, I'd put them back in. There's nothing in particular that you have to undo to get the body high enough, but the steering shaft can cause an issue. Also the hoses/lines can create added tension when trying to jack the body up.