Anyone up for some light wheeling in the next couple of weekends?

unccpathfinder

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry man, I get wrapped up on the rugged rocks board and forget to post things here. and when i do end up posting, its usually pretty last minute...

We go out alteast once a month though. it'd be good to wheel w/ some other WD21s. most of the group we wheel with now are Xterras. (and an FJ..yeah just one)

I am considering going this Saturday as well. My boss wants to go, we will see if more people around work want to go as well. If it is just me and him I probably won't go. Although there should be lots of sloppy mud to slide around in this weekend

Ooh hmm I reaaaaaaly want to go....

I'll let you know by the end of the day

SC if you go this weekend we could possibly move it up till this saturday and then next sat I could make that run with SteeevO...I can bring the CV's and you can check them out and I could check out the PB gun and its all good we could just trade them up and we could even do the swap on the trail... that means I could get up tomorrow morning and get T bars cranked on the 95 and then be sure i'm up there before they close the gates since i might be close next weekend...

I was going to swap the lift over but I guess that'll not happen but we'll see (i gotta make sure I wont kill my bjs b/c I'm not putting the UCA's on if I do it so i probably won't do it)...but yea if you post tonight I could for sure get up there tomorrow and ride with you guys on Sat

cool...just try to post something by about 10 in the morning...i dont think my cb is going to be working...i'm getting horrible ignition or fuel pump feedback and when i key the mike it makes all my speakers crack...i'm going to try to hunt that down in the morning to see if i cant get it fixed and then i need to see if i can borrow my buddies FRS

cool...just try to post something by about 10 in the morning...i dont think my cb is going to be working...i'm getting horrible ignition or fuel pump feedback and when i key the mike it makes all my speakers crack...i'm going to try to hunt that down in the morning to see if i cant get it fixed and then i need to see if i can borrow my buddies FRS

Sounds like a grounding issue or a wiring proximity issue

I got the tires rotated today. Front tires are only a couple of months old, makes more sense to have them on the main drive wheels. :tongue:

I wanted to change the oil before going as I'm a little bit overdue, I'll try and get that done tomorrow

Yea.... ummm that's gonna make things A LOT harder. Right now the trucks in the shop getting the clutch replaced. It's either being done tomorrow ( friday ) or early next week (monday or tuesday). So if they dont get done by tomorrow cut me out. And Im trying to go snowboarding sat so this sat is mostly likely no for me. The only case that I will go this sat is if my friend doenst go up to tahoe and my clutch is replaced by tomorrow.

well i'm gonna go get my crap together and try to get the radio straightened out and get the Tbars cranked...i'll PM both of you guys my phone # so you can try to call me if I dont have signal I guess lets pick a time and place to meet in the morning

I cant imagine camping over night in the mud being fun. Nor changing out a CV. It shall be an adventure for you guys to remember.

And when you get stuck in the mud, keep the spirit of the corolla inside you. lol. Hell he might even be there. haha!

ehh i've done much worse...I've done a clutch in a parking lot with it being like 45 outside and raining...poor guy was all by his lonesome so i asked him if he needed a hand and thats how i learned to change a clutch...ole dude drove up 3 hrs to change his sons clutch for him...

well got the Tbars cranked but its still grabbing that crappy little fender liner...I guess we'll see what happens...if i crease up the door/fender ohh well...figured out the CB problem

I ran the power right from the battery and the ignition noise went away then i put a jumper lead on the antenna and the speaker popping went away...that was all bench testing it so now i gotta run to RS to get some wire and wire loom and I should be up ready to get out of here by noon...hope this drive isnt too bad

I cant believe your going to camp in the mud. Also props for you on getting all that stuff on your truck in one morning. Hope you enjoy Hollister. It's a great place that offers a lot of different levels of difficulty.

alright...reindexed the bars b/c i just didnt feel good about it now i'm much happier..dont like the UBJ's though but they should be fine if not i have trail spares...the CV can be done either on hard pack before we go or on the trail doesnt matter to me...looks like I will be pulling out of here right about 2...i had some issues with the wire routing on the CB but we're good to go...getting all the crap put in the truck right now then gonna grab a shower and hit the road...

I cant believe your going to camp in the mud. Also props for you on getting all that stuff on your truck in one morning. Hope you enjoy Hollister. It's a great place that offers a lot of different levels of difficulty.

ehh if its too muddy i'll just sleep in the truck...not a big deal...yep hope its a good trip and nothing breaks b/c thats a long tow back

aight pulling out 2 hrs behind schedule...not too bad...

Edited by unccpathfinder