Pathy vs. Cherokee

97pathfinder4x4

It depends on what you are trying to do. To be clear, since gearing can be a bit confusing, the numerically smaller a gear is, the higher its ratio is. The numerically larger a gear is, the lower its ratio. Now, if you want better gas mileage, a numerically smaller gear ratio is desirable. If you want to off-road, numerically larger gears are desirable. This is why every rock crawler out there upgrades to a numerically larger gear ratio and why I hate my brother for having 5.89 gears stock.

However, I don't think explaining this to him will help. Honestly, I think your best bet is to bite the bullet and just ask him out on a date already.

Edited by HankG

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, have you not realized that all they've done is pissed you off? Dude, I've had the same thing done to me. I've just learned to ignore it. Hell even part of my family hates pathy's, but what can you do? Just have fun with it, and chances are, they'll be jealous that you're happy. :happy:

true that

i just wish that pathys had more respect

Here is what do what I do, whenever friends want to go "mudding" I just ride with someone else. That way they can't @!*% on my truck, and it doesn't get trashed. I will only wheel with people from this club or cntc, they actually have respect for their vehicles.

Well you have to make sacrifices somewhere man. Although with my friends, I know that if I was stuck, they wouldn't hesitate to come help me, and wouldn't @!*% talk until we're back in town, then we'd all be laughing. Luckily I'VE never gotten the pathy stuck yet :)

I learned that if you keep momentum you won't get stuck...at least not as easily. My friend lead me to this big muddy as hell farm field and said, here try out your 4x4. I made it through on my stock street tires, in 2wd. And believe me, this field was MUDDY. My friends gmc sierra 1500 got buried in it.

see now thats a pathfinder chick. get a jeep and watch what happens. she will lose her teeth, start smoking meth, wear a cowboy hat, and start listening to nickelback

ahhahahaha

Lol see she hates the pathfinder and loves the jeep :D

yea im

tired of talkin to these guys all they have to say is ur car sucks, ull get stuck, this is bad, blah blah blah nothing i say will help

there really pissing me off

Yeah thats exactly how one of my buddies is. It sure does get old after a while. Its like his opinion and no one elses. So bullheaded...

People like that you'll never change their minds, even if you show them over and over

Well you have to make sacrifices somewhere man. Although with my friends, I know that if I was stuck, they wouldn't hesitate to come help me, and wouldn't @!*% talk until we're back in town, then we'd all be laughing. Luckily I'VE never gotten the pathy stuck yet :)

True that...I've pulled out jeeps and been pulled out by a jeep as said...he was still in bed and came to get me out in the snow at like 7am...the only time that i didnt go pull out a jeep was after i told the guy not to go back there especially since how much rain had fallen in the past 2 days and he was a friend of a friend...they walked a mile back to my house and i let him borrow my come-a-long since he had no other means of getting unstuck after his brother got his bronco and another truck stuck back there...meanwhile it was pouring rain and probably about 11pm and about 40 degrees out...

if it was my friends truck and he hadn't listened to me I would have swung by picked him up and went out after the rain had stopped the next day and helped with what I could but where they were stuck was where you get stuck bad...I think they ended up getting someone back there on some 35's who hooked up to him and ran his winch cable to a pine tree and barely got him out...

I got my come-a-long back 3 months later...and bout kicked his ass b/c he tried to steal it and i caught him with it and took it from him...freakin bastard...neeless to say my buddy was like fskc that dude and he was trying to buy me a come-a-long b/c he felt bad that his friend was trying to jack ti from me...

I've got another example. Tonight one of my friends just randomly messages me saying "I bet ur nissan won't start tomorrow". My response was, "oh it'll start just fine. I'm more worried that you'll re sprain your ankle trying to start your gmc sierra by pumping the gas"

Edited by adamzan

i just wish that pathys had more respect

Respect has to be earned. Earn it...

On the other hand, talk is cheap, and why give a rats ass what someone thinks about what you drive... If you like it, there it is.

:shrug:

I've got another example. Tonight one of my friends just randomly messages me saying "I bet ur nissan won't start tomorrow". My response was, "oh it'll start just fine. I'm more worried that you'll re sprain your ankle trying to start your gmc sierra by pumping the gas"

Why even respond? It's just childish crap...

*sigh*

B