Headlight trouble

Mauler

Hi

I have an 03 Pathfinder and the low beam on the passenger side does not work when the headlights are turned on, however the headlight works when in day time running mode, and when in hi Beam mode, I have changed the bulb with no better results, I have gone to a wrecker and swapped out the Daytime running module with a used on that resulted in absolutely no headlights whatsoever on either side. Is there more than the one fuse box for my truck besides the one located under the hood on the passenger side ? or does anybody know what the problem might be other than looking for a short in the system ?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Mystery Solved,

I ended up taking my vehicle to the CDN tire shop in Abby, as it was due for a belt change and mentioned to my friend behind the counter that I still had not resolved my issue with the headlights, I had explained to him that I had tried a used module from the wrecker with no luck, changed the bulb,checked the fuses etc. I got a call an hour or so later from the shop informing me that all the requested work had been completed and , by the way the fellow working on your truck, was familiar with these types of problems as they are common with Hondas,Toyotas,Etc. Well it turned out the module was in fact the problem, but he went out of his way of opening up the module and soldering the connection back to the circuit board, no extra charge, but I dropped of a case of blue as a thanks.

so for those of you with the same problem who are more mechanichally inclined , not spelling challenged like myself, save your selves the 340 bones the dealership charges for the part alone , forget about the diagnose and re& re charge, saved close to 500 bucks.

• 3 months later...
Mystery Solved,

I ended up taking my vehicle to the CDN tire shop in Abby, as it was due for a belt change and mentioned to my friend behind the counter that I still had not resolved my issue with the headlights, I had explained to him that I had tried a used module from the wrecker with no luck, changed the bulb,checked the fuses etc. I got a call an hour or so later from the shop informing me that all the requested work had been completed and , by the way the fellow working on your truck, was familiar with these types of problems as they are common with Hondas,Toyotas,Etc. Well it turned out the module was in fact the problem, but he went out of his way of opening up the module and soldering the connection back to the circuit board, no extra charge, but I dropped of a case of blue as a thanks.

so for those of you with the same problem who are more mechanichally inclined , not spelling challenged like myself, save your selves the 340 bones the dealership charges for the part alone , forget about the diagnose and re& re charge, saved close to 500 bucks.

I seem to remember this issue being mentioned before, at least the soldering part. Should it be dug up, combined and pinned?

B

Where is the module located? I have a problem that both of my high beams don't work. Also, anyone have a link to the switch problem that may have already been discussed?

Check the plugs that fit on to the bulbs. The contacts in said plugs can loosen. Just need a small flathead screwdriver to prise them back up.

I had this problem with the module, but it first manifested itself with the instrument lights, then 1 only low beam. My local shop did the diagnosis and the fix, with a new module, for about $500 CDN. So thanks for the tip, hopefully it will save someone else some serious toonies.

OBTW, the dealer wanted to replace the instrument cluster at $1,200 to "fix" the issue. So I was happy to get the real fix for less than 1/2 what the dealer wanted for what turned out to be a non-fix.