Hello from good old Germany!

Nadi

Thx for the warm welcome :rolleyes:

I got a problem ..... well ..... I need a Suspension Kit for my WD21. And here in Germany they dont sell much stuff like this.

The only one is the 4" Trailmaster Kit ...... for arround 2400 Euros!!! (maybe 3000 US$) :suicide:

I found another Kit I like by 4x4parts ..... it is with upper control arms, torsion bars, Rancho Shocks and all that Stuff you need ..... an costs only arround 570 Euro :lmao:

The Problem: Shipping will cost a bit more than the Kit :wtf:

The Solution: Someone knows a GI who is in Germany? Maybe in Schweinfurt/Bavaria? The shipping to a APO cost not much more than shipping inside the States.

For some help ...... :jig:

(Pictures comes next time)

Contact Kristian Ristell who works at Ironman in Clayton Victoria. You'll find the email address for Ironman on their Australian Website. Ask Kristian for the contact details of Jean Claude-Allen. Jean Claude-Allen is the Ironman Rep for most of Europe [Germany/Belgium/France/Holland]. JCA helped me source Ironman products after I received completely crap service from Ironman in the UK. He even worked out which country was the cheapest country to ship from to me in the UK. Top sales service and top quality products. I would not hesitate to use Ironman products on any 4x4 I own. I'd send you the details myself for JCA but I can't find them for looking at the moment.

I hope this helps

Harv.

The Distributor for Ironman Produkts in Germany is Fortec (www.fortec.de) ...... and the prices from Fortec is .... how shout I say ..... awesome?

And Fortec sells only Shocks .... no complete Kits.

What I need is this:

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_in...;products_id=64

includes upper control arms, torsion bars, coil springs, idler arm braces, shocks and all stuff to mount.

But I try to find out what Ironman can do for me ..... thx to you :happy:

Sorry, I don't know any GI's in Germany.

Have you considered piecing the kit together from different suppliers utilizing sales and shipping weights to your advantage??

For example:Rough Country upper control arm kit. Calmini torsion bars. Local shock distributors? Local Jeep spring distributors (Slick has the #s)??

You may be able to mix and match and save some #.

Oh, some people argue that AC UCAs aren't worth buying, but that's in continual debate... :shrug:

B

Thx for the Idea ...... the Torsion Bars alone will cost more than 400 Euros for Shipping!!!

The Kit from 4x4parts are not selling in Germany. You can get Trailmaster (4") or some other Brands (all without Torsion Bars). Prices between 1100 and 2400 Euro.

The Kit from 4x4parts costs 575 Euro ..... plus arround 480 Euro for Shipping. So it will be cheaper to pay that price than buy in Germany.

For Example: A 3" Body-Lift costs in Germany between 400 and 500 Euro :clickdalink: (500 till 625 US $!) ...... in the States you get the same one arround 100 and 150 Euro :clickdalink: . :scratchhead:

Nadi... so don't go through fortec. Contact Ironman directly in Australia via email. Tell them you want the complete kit. Ask them for the contact details of another agent [JCA was who they put me in contact with]. They will help you. Alternatives are Dobinsons, Raw 4x4, EFS, OME. You could contact these guys directly in Oz as well and ship to you direct from there. I've done this now 3 times with various 4x4's i've owned. TJM are also another option. You can source their products from OEC in the UK and with the exchange rate from Euro to Sterling having improved recently, this could be a good idea.

TJM are also another option. You can source their products from OEC in the UK and with the exchange rate from Euro to Sterling having improved recently, this could be a good idea.

Got a Website or something else from them? Shipping form UK shout not so expensive ..... I hope :whocares:

Honestly you don't need new torsion bars for a suspension lift unless you're planning on adding a heavy bumper (like the ARB bumper). The stock torsion bars can handle a suspension lift no problem.

I would check to see if there is another site besides 4x4 Parts that will ship internationally (4x4parts doesn't have the best record when it comes to customer service). All you really need for the suspension lift is new Upper Control Arms, shocks, and springs for the rear. Maybe see if there is a member here willing to have the items shipped to them and then shipping them to you.

And welcome to NPORA!

Honestly you don't need new torsion bars for a suspension lift unless you're planning on adding a heavy bumper (like the ARB bumper). The stock torsion bars can handle a suspension lift no problem.

I would check to see if there is another site besides 4x4 Parts that will ship internationally (4x4parts doesn't have the best record when it comes to customer service). All you really need for the suspension lift is new Upper Control Arms, shocks, and springs for the rear. Maybe see if there is a member here willing to have the items shipped to them and then shipping them to you.

And welcome to NPORA!

I got a 3" diameter Inox Fullbumber (over Downside over the Hood an left and right over the Headlights) on it ..... an the Problem is not the torsion bars ..... what you need is the upper control arms for correct standing of the wheels.

And in the back a brace for the sway bar to handle the 3" higher Coils.

Lift Kits without upper control arms and brace for the sway bar ....... I don´t know :scratchhead:

The easiest way is shipping to an GIs APO in Germany an then to me ...... shipping to APOs worldwide will cost the same as shipping inside the states. Maybe I hang arround the Schweinfurt Garrison and look for a GI with an Offroader ..... an ask them.

Thx for the welcome.

Edited by Nadi