BFG A/T vs. General Grabber AT2

01silvapathy

So im getting my lift installed this January, and i Have started looking into what tires to get. I love the BFG km2's but I dont know if they will be practical or not. Keeping in mind that I mainly do trails, I was looking at both BFG AT and General grabber AT2. From what I can tell and see there is not much of a differnece between the two- only the prices lol. So what im asking is for all those AT tire owners post up your feelings on which direction I should take. Keeping in mind that im getting 33x12.5 tires on 15's.

Any and all replies are greatly appreciated.

Do you get much snow/cold temps? If so, I would saty away from the AT2's as an all year tire. I have (had) them on my Forester and my thoughts about them are here: My New Boots

Mkae sure you check out the update at the bottom of the first page.

Maybe not an issue for you?

So far im leaning towards the General Grabber At2's, but right after the lift goes on im getting a set of used BFG At's for like 50 bucks that still have really decent tread on them. So untill I get enough money im going to be rolling around on stock wheels and used BFGs lol, but tis worth it :itsallgood:

it's not the tyre you're looking at but why not look at other AT's as well such as Cooper ST's or Mickey Thompson's MTZ or FCII's? Just a thought for you as i don't rate either tyre you're looking at on we roads or snow.

nope, i sure wouldnt. Also what wheels are you going to get? you need something with less then 3.75" of backspace meaning 3.75" and down numerically. Or else your tire will be all up in your strut.

So im going to be mounting on my stock double trispoke wheels 32x12.5 bfg AT will that work out okay?

That might be too wide for stock wheels., but you can always try one and see.

By too wide you mean for the wheel or for clearing the strut? And i dont have money right now for new tires....oh shti, i might have a bit of a delema