Suspension lift information

Precise1

• 4 weeks later...

They don't seem to or they just don't? Their website states in the description "These a-arms are designed to allow for correct ball joint angle and additional wheel travel".

edit: this is in regard to the 4x4 parts UCA's.

I have had all 3 UCA's side by side. Stock, AC and Rough Country/Superlift. The AC arms do not correct the BJ angle. They market them that way so they can sell more. In fact, they're even flatter than stock arms are, which makes the BJ angles WORSE than stock. :/ Idiots.

1E3Wc.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So ive been looking, reading, searching, and exhausted now, but ive googled the Rancho 2-2.5" Lift and Superlift 2-2.5" lift and have came up with nothing? am i missing something? Im trying to gather prices and where to order so when i get to that point i can order. Im going to continue searching but hopefully i can be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Robert

• 1 month later...

IIRC Rancho hasn't made a lift for the Pathfinder for years, and with SuperLift the part is for a Nissan Hardbody (D21) not Pathfinder (WD21).

http://www.superlift.com/Catalog.asp?P=K297

Basically have a parts store call Superlift and order the UCAs only (say that the hardbody was in front end accident) for a Hardbody 4x4 V6. It is the same part...

For the rear you need springs which are listed in threads here. If you are going with large tires or offroad aggressively, a modified centerlink and an idler arm brace is a good idea.

B

• 9 months later...

So I bought this pathfinder with the suspension on it already, my guess is it's about 4" it has a trail master lift but I have no clue who makes the upper control arm and it needs bushings bad they are a 2 peice poly-urethane 1.75" O.D. 1"I.D. And .75" thick with a .25" or so lip i have pics but idk how to post them

Edited by 620datsun

• 2 months later...
So I bought this pathfinder with the suspension on it already, my guess is it's about 4" it has a trail master lift but I have no clue who makes the upper control arm and it needs bushings bad they are a 2 peice poly-urethane 1.75" O.D. 1"I.D. And .75" thick with a .25" or so lip i have pics but idk how to post them

Pics? Get some good ones and I bet someone here can ID them :aok:

I'm definitely having issues finding some UCAs for my 94 pathy, Also, will the springs out of a 89 Commache Eliminator work or do I need to use Grand Cherokee Coil Springs?

Measure or test fit the springs. Maybe someone has a set out that you can compare specs too.

Upper control arms, my recommendation is Superlift/Rough Country arms for a Hardbody.

I use tinypic.com to upload my pics, just create a free account, uload your pics, than click on a pic,copy and paste the code on the left where it says "img code for forums and message boards" into your post here,

Are your UCA's one of the one's in the above picture?

• 1 year later...

Additionally, Nissan Motorsports offers dual shock kits for the front of the Hardbody and Pathfinder, and dual shocks for the Pathfinder's rear Suspension. However, in the words of those in the know - if you need dual shocks, you're driving it too hard!!

B

Looks cool though. Before I got into off-roading I remember seeing trucks with dual shocks and taking pics of it. It was impressive for some reason.

Edited by mikestewart395

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, i keep reading about jgc springs. Only problem is i dont see anything about how much lift. I would like to get about 5" in the rear. How and what do i have to do to obtain the hight i want?

• 4 weeks later...

JGC springs will get you 2-4" depending on which ones and how sagged you factory coils are. Fleurys also makes some spacers from HDPE IIRC, so look in the Vendors section for information...

B

• 3 weeks later...

OK, about to pull the trigger on a lift kit. Need help making the right choice. 1994 Pathfinder. 172k.

Most of my driving will be on paved or dirt roads, but I want my rig to be ready for rough terrain as we'll be driving down the Mexican Baja (all the way to Cabo, across to Mazatlan on the ferry, and down to Sayulita) and we want to be ready for anything. I'm only looking for a couple inches of lift. 2" would be perfect. Tires just slightly taller than stock and likely AT rather than mud.

My torsion bars are already cranked to the max, but the front end is still sitting slightly lower than the rear. So, pretty sure my torsion bars are toast.

Also, although I've been working on cars for years, this is my first 4x4 project, which is why I'm leaning towards a kit. This one seems straight forward. https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfinder-suspension-package-p-63.html

I used a similar kit, but with the 3in lift coils. You probably need to reindex the torsion bars to help the front. As I have learned, you still need the front a bit lower than the rear, so you don't chew up your front axles.

• 4 weeks later...

@MxPathFinder - I'm thinking about doing something similar. Let me know what you decide. Would also like to know how much it costs to install, or how hard it is to do yourself.

@5523Pathfiner - Do you know how to choose the 1.5" vs the 3" rear coils? How do you like the lift, any other suggestions? Any help would be great.

Also, does anyone know if you can jump to 33's with this lift?

@MxPathFinder - I'm thinking about doing something similar. Let me know what you decide. Would also like to know how much it costs to install, or how hard it is to do yourself.

@5523Pathfiner - Do you know how to choose the 1.5" vs the 3" rear coils? How do you like the lift, any other suggestions? Any help would be great.

Also, does anyone know if you can jump to 33's with this lift?

In case you might consider rear coil spacers, check here : http://4x4design.com/Pathfinder_R50_96-04.php (near the bottom of the page).. Reasonably priced and fully modular.

S.

In case you might consider rear coil spacers, check here : http://4x4design.com/Pathfinder_R50_96-04.php (near the bottom of the page).. Reasonably priced and fully modular.

S.

Steve, I looked at your website, pretty cool. Can you explain using the spacers for lift a little more? What else do you need?

Also, I only see rear spacers for the WD21, do you make fronts too? Thanks

S.

Ok, I did some searching on your page. I see that these are spacers for the rear to lift up the existing springs for an effective lift. Very cool, and if I lift the front I will definitely order these for the rear. I like that I can lift the front, then do some measurements to get a good balance and order however many inches I need.

Do you have instructions for installation? Looks easy, just curious. :friday:

thanks

Steve, I looked at your website, pretty cool. Can you explain using the spacers for lift a little more? What else do you need?

Also, I only see rear spacers for the WD21, do you make fronts too? Thanks

front of the WD21 doesn't need spacers, just crank your T-bars up to match re-iindex them if you can be bothered as well, new ones are preferable but not needed, just don't crank them up to far but all thats been covered in other threads so I wont go on about it

Ok, I did some searching on your page. I see that these are spacers for the rear to lift up the existing springs for an effective lift. Very cool, and if I lift the front I will definitely order these for the rear. I like that I can lift the front, then do some measurements to get a good balance and order however many inches I need.

Do you have instructions for installation? Looks easy, just curious. :friday:

thanks

Really simple really... compress the coil with a spring compressor, insert the spacers between the coil and the coil seat. uncompress the coils. That's it...

S.

• 10 months later...

5" lift

I have the three inch kit from calmini and put two inch spacers from steve (4x4Design.com) on my 94. I cranked the torsion bars and the problem I ran into is that I have fully extended the rear shock from calmini. I am looking at probably getting a longer shock either of two i think will work from Rancho (RS 999028 17.250" compressed/ 27.960" extended or 5116 14.9" comp/ 24.02" ext). the Calmini are 14.25" comp / 23.25" ext.) the front end is a little stiff.

Might try to take an inch out in the back and see if it rides better.

• 5 months later...