Aftermarket Speed, tach, gas meters

aeternaldark

After a very desapointing search for a full functional and working gauge cluster i realized that its like hunting dor dodo... and i thought, well, why have a dodo when you can make a nice meal out of chicken or anything else. I found an autometer brand meters site, where i found a list of their products.

I wanted to find the right meter for my 91 SE-V6, but i had a hard time doing it. i dont know the tech talk, i just take it apart and try to fix it and well... i did not know what type my pathy needs.

Basically, what i want to know is if any of you, fine people, has completely replaced the gauge cluster with any aftermarket sets or meters.

None that I can think of off hand, unless maybe a few super modded motor/tranny swap owners. :shrug:

What is failing in your gauge cluster? You can replace the singular gauges. You need parts from the 87-93 year range.

I'd start by looking here in the classified section, a lot of people are parting out trucks. I know this isn't the answer you wanted, but it may be of value regardless.

B

None that I can think of off hand, unless maybe a few super modded motor/tranny swap owners. :shrug:

What is failing in your gauge cluster? You can replace the singular gauges. You need parts from the 87-93 year range.

I'd start by looking here in the classified section, a lot of people are parting out trucks. I know this isn't the answer you wanted, but it may be of value regardless.

B

i actually got one and took it apart to make one out of two, but they keep giving really bad reading and dying on me while in use. what i would like to do is to sorth of replace the speedometer with an aftermarket... in the same plave, maybe cot off the back of the cluster and give space to the new one...

well im sure its possible becasue if they can replace the stock z31 300zx with is from the 80s (same motor)with them and get them to work then you should be able to do it in your pathfinder.

i found some mechanic speedometers that might help, but i just cant tell what cable or drive mine has... i thing its a square drive, i looked at it behind the gauge cluster, but dont know if the cable is the same... or the plug under the trans [?] is the same ...

You should have the cable-driven speedo if you saw a square-drive poking out of a cable housing behind your cluster. You can switch to an electronically-driven speedo but getting to the speed sensor and removing it is tough for most people. Adding an aftermarket tachometer is fairly easy, you just have to find a place to mount it that doesn't bother you.