Best Places to buy wheels and tires?

jproy

Well the topic says it all. I hope I am not being a total noob buy asking this if there is a section dedicated to it. Mods, delete this thread if there is please.

I want to get some wheels and tires for the Path. Looks like only 31"s will fit with the stock lift from my research. I cant find a 1" high quality lift kit. Anyone know where to find that. The lift will come later.

So I want tires and wheels. I dont want bling wheels, just stock size black steel wheels with BFG's, probably A/T's.

Who knows where the best place to get them the cheapest possibly in a package deal?

thanks, Jim

Well the topic says it all. I hope I am not being a total noob buy asking this if there is a section dedicated to it. Mods, delete this thread if there is please.

I want to get some wheels and tires for the Path. Looks like only 31"s will fit with the stock lift from my research. I cant find a 1" high quality lift kit. Anyone know where to find that. The lift will come later.

So I want tires and wheels. I dont want bling wheels, just stock size black steel wheels with BFG's, probably A/T's.

Who knows where the best place to get them the cheapest possibly in a package deal?

thanks, Jim

TD4L.com is a good place to look for rubbers. I'm not sure of shipping but I'd imagine it to be pretty reasonable. As for wheels, it depends on a) what you'd like to get and B) your location. If you can find a local performance shop you can probably get a good deal rather than buying online and paying for shipping. A set of four 15" steelies won't cost too much; 16" wheels won't be too much either.

Good luck! :aok:

^^^Thanks

Anybody have a list of sizes I should look at hight, width, load rating, etc. I should look at when buying for the LE 4x4

What is the most common tire width and hight here for a stock suspension 4x4 LE assuming at least one step up from stock?

thanks, Jim

Cheapest place ive found for quality tires is tirerack.com they were cheaper than everywhere and have AWESOME customer service, I got my tires in 1 day.

As for steel wheels, there are a few places to get them... summit racing has cheap US wheels, there are diamond racing wheels , local is probably the best, also if you dont want anything fancy maybe look into your local junk yard and get some spare tire wheels, theyre steel, and prob can be had for really cheap, the one on my '03 is 16x7. I thaink that after a certain year (99.5?) many 15" wheels wont clear the brakes so make sure of that first.

On the R50 the lift doesnt dictate what size tire you can run, its the lower spring perch on the strut (which doesnt change no matter how much you lift it), if you have small enough back spacing you'll be fine though.

as for a 1" lift, there isnt one that is 1". Old Man Emu (OME) makes a 1.75" Automotive customizers (AC) makes a 2" and they have recently come out with HD stock height, which I guess is really like a 1/2" lift... which I think I may be trying out, or atleast the rear springs anyway.

HTH.

tirerack is good sometimes, i got a great deal on my brembo brakes through them

but not always the cheapest.... for example they want $165 each for my size BFG, plus shipping it comes out to like $180 each and then you got to go pay for mounting and balancing..... in the end you pay $200+ per tire

i went to a local, non-chain tire shop and picked up the same size BFG's for $140 each installed

tirerack is good sometimes, i got a great deal on my brembo brakes through them

but not always the cheapest.... for example they want $165 each for my size BFG, plus shipping it comes out to like $180 each and then you got to go pay for mounting and balancing..... in the end you pay $200+ per tire

i went to a local, non-chain tire shop and picked up the same size BFG's for $140 each installed

Yeah, I meant online. I mount/balance my own tires, my buddy has the 2 machines in his garage, so I didnt factor that in...