R50 subframe drop

tekazgtr1984

it was actually a coolant tube on an isuzu. tbelt job and i was trying to pry on the crank pulley and the thing i was prying with slipped and that dull coolant tube cut me right open. wanna see pics? lol

If you've been holding out on having pics I'm gonna be pissed...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Photo-0013.jpg

it cut thru my skin, the tendon and some @!*% under that. its a semi circle cut but 3/4s of the way around. i guess i sgoulda wore gloves but its one of those things where its like wtf??? good thing im left handed :) this wont stop any production of the lifts. im still waiting on the guy to cut those flanges and send them to me. his engineer is out and theyre busy.but its nothing hard to do for him. he had to make a CAD and all that.

it cut thru my skin, the tendon and some @!*% under that. its a semi circle cut but 3/4s of the way around. i guess i sgoulda wore gloves but its one of those things where its like wtf??? good thing im left handed :) this wont stop any production of the lifts. im still waiting on the guy to cut those flanges and send them to me. his engineer is out and theyre busy.but its nothing hard to do for him. he had to make a CAD and all that.

That looks painful to say the least. I'd say best thing to do is heal up! :aok:

I speak for myself when I say the SFD can wait. :D

With this SFD, I'll be able to clear what width of tire if I go with 33's? I'll be wrapping them around 15" wheels so I'm just curious as to width and backspacing in terms of the wheels and tires.

Any helpful would be great! :happy:

Well what I have been been told is that alex is running 33x 12.5 km2's on a 15 inch wheel with 3.75- 4 inch backspace. But alex said that if you run a AT you should technically be able to run a 35 if its low enough

Dont Quote me on any of that

Well what I have been been told is that alex is running 33x 12.5 km2's on a 15 inch wheel with 3.75- 4 inch backspace. But alex said that if you run a AT you should technically be able to run a 35 if its low enough

Dont Quote me on any of that

LOL, ok! :aok:

But at least that gives me an idea of what I can put on. The biggest I'll go is 33x12.5 as they seem to fit just right. I'm more concerned about backspacing on the wheels but thanks for the info. Always good to know! :D

HELL YEAH DUDE!!!!!! I cant wait but too bad that i couldnt get my lift in time :ohno01: , but that will make getting it and installing it even more satisfying :tongue: Did you order one from Alex too????

Yup, I couldn't pass up on it. :jig:

Well then I guess that you me, nissandoms and Fukinitupagain are gunne each own one badbutt pathy :clap::beer:

Oh, I am so stoked! :jig:

Wheels in my head keep turning... Maybe bore the VG33 to a VG34... *sinister grin*

Oh, I am so stoked! :jig:

Wheels in my head keep turning... Maybe bore the VG33 to a VG34... *sinister grin*

Or just supercharge it :deadhorse: , I heard somewhere that the 3.3 has problems turning 33's, thats why im glad i gots the 3.5 :itsallgood:

VQ4LIFE

Or just supercharge it :deadhorse: , I heard somewhere that the 3.3 has problems turning 33's, thats why im glad i gots the 3.5 :itsallgood:

VQ4LIFE

Bah, I'm still sold on the VG33E. I was told with the 4.6's, the VG has no problems turning 33's.

VG & 4.6's 4LIFE :lol:

With this SFD, I'll be able to clear what width of tire if I go with 33's? I'll be wrapping them around 15" wheels so I'm just curious as to width and backspacing in terms of the wheels and tires.

Any helpful would be great! :happy:

You know you can always do what I'm planning on doing: cut the hell outta the front fenders. As long as I don't come up to the snorkel (thtas right my friends no more hydro-lock for me I aquired a slightly used Navarro Safari snorkel) then I'm straight.

Edited by Fukinitupagain

You know you can always do what I'm planning on doing: cut the hell outta the front fenders. As long as I don't come up to the snorkel (thtas right my friends no more hydro-lock for me I aquired a slightly used Navarro Safari snorkel) then I'm straight.

Well I have plans to fab up custom bumpers for the front and rear so I suppose fender clearance will be worth exploring too. For the rear I'm not too worried so I'll focus on the front. But first and foremost I'll have to figure out exactly the best fit for 33's.

And yes, snorkels are the shiznit! :aok:

I was wondering the same thing the only snorkel that I know of is new and sold by 4x4parts.com heres a link

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_in...roducts_id=5266

navaro snorkels work on R50s. we can't expect you to know this, considering you insisted that there were multiple lockers available for the 33-spline H233B.

He is accurate in regard to the D22 snorkel fitting the R50. Just ask Vengeful; he's got one on his '99.

The 4x4parts.com R50 snorkel is the perfect fit; but look at the little notch for the antenna! Kinda pointless unless it's a RHD R50... Looks sorta dumb with no antenna there. :scratchhead: