Never go to Firestone!

Kingman

OMG...I just got back from McDonald's. And they gave me SPRITE! I asked for COKE! NEVER GO TO MCDONALDS, EVER!!! Their employees give out the wrong stuff!!!

Isolated incidents such as the above should be taken as such. While I'm sure that your experience there may not have been 100% satisfying, I'm also sure that there have been thousands of satisfied customers at that particular Firestone location.

I, personally, have never had a problem with them. They know they can't pull the wool over my eyes, so to speak, so they don't bother trying. Sounds like the technician may have been trying to either get you to perform a service that may have been unnecessary, but wouldn't have caused you any harm in the long run. Let it go man. If you're that unhappy with the place, just find somewhere else to take your car next time.

Yep I get this all the time from people. The attitude that they must all be evil and out to screw me.

I've had bad experiences with a Firestone locally.

We took in a bucket truck (dually rear axle) for new rear brakes. They slapped 'em on, cranked down the bolts and didn't test-drive it. Took a drive and when I hit the brakes I about vibrated out of the seat. When they torqued everything up for the new drums they either warped slightly or they were warped(out of round) out of the box. The whole thing had to be torn back down, the drums turned and the brakes re-inspected.

Then we took one truck in for an oil change and a MAP sensor(IIRC). Got it back leaking antifreeze badly from an intake hose and with the air cleaner lid skewed 4 inches to one side and CRANKED DOWN THAT WAY. It was the most obviously wrong thing on an engine I'd seen in quite some time. This was on a 454 with the round air cleaner housing that uses an offset ('bent') threaded rod for the lid...the rod was twisted 45 degrees the wrong way. What complete morons.

speaking of chrysler did you hear the ceos latest comment went something like "the reason were not doing so well is becasue our cars are lasting so long and performing so well." ummm yes much better then toyota or a nissan dan i pegged that one wrong think ill buy a chrysler next cause they last forever. jk u guys seen the new 370z pure hotness

I'd have to agree that it may be your location(s). I've been going to Firestone for probably 4-5 years now at 3 locations: Auburn, Kent east hill, and Puyallup, WA. I bought the lifetime warranty on both our vehicles, both bought at sale price, and I've gone at least probably 12-15 times total. Works for me, and they don't hassle me. I've done it after suspension work, replacing the UCA's, the last time after I replaced all tie rod ends and my center link, plus the wife has a magnetic attraction to potholes and such. No questions asked. Granted, yes its a quick & simple job, but it prices out. I can't vouch for their regular service work, cause I've done these repairs myself, but otherwise their customer service has been great to me.

Edited by Mr. Pickles