Places to Wheel in Nor. Cal

SteeevO

Being that the 22nd Expeditionary Group has pretty much exhausted the trails in the local mtns here is So. Cal we've decided to head north to romp on some new turf.. but we need some guidance from other Nissan owners. We plan on being out of town for about 4 - 5 days so we have some time to cover some ground.

I'm basically looking for you to introduce us to you favourite Nor. Cal wheeling spots. anything from desert to mountains, snow & rock. I want to hear about it, and I want to see it.

Any trail suggestions are appreciated, and the more info the better. I'll be posting dates once we figure out a trail plan so Nor Cal. NPORA members can join us once head up there.

Thanks for the input and hope to see you on the trail.

-Steven

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome!

well, local here you have hollister hills (in hollister, ca) and frank raines in patterson, ca.... then there's the 'con of course, and lemme see.... a few more that are a 3-5 hr drive from here as well

(the pics you've seen of my rigs was frank raines)

Deer Valley was pretty damn fun. plenty of rocks and snow. idk about the water crossing this time of year though. i killed my alternator going through a crossing that made it halfway up my fenders and that was in october.

http://www.norcalttora.com/trails/deer_valley.php

after deer valley, i ran Strawberry, which is right by Deer Valley. you can click on the different trails on the left hand side of the screen on that link.

i've also ran Frank Raines with Slick and some other ppl from this board.

here's some pix from Deer Valley

d-1.jpg

f.jpg

Edited by StatutoryApe

Well there was Clear Creek, but it was closed due to alleged asbestos danger.

I heartily recommend Hollister Hills. More than enough trails to satisfy a day of trail runs, with a wide range of difficulty from super super easy all the way up to one of the toughest trails in California (the infamous tank traps). Plus onsite camping!

Edited by SC88Pathy

ha yeah i know kern isn't really north. I really want to go wheel there thought, as well as @ swamp lake & the 'con. obviously we won't do it all in one trip (atleast not this time) but i want to get out on the trail with other pathy owners that i have never met.

BTW not a fan of the tank trap.. i'd rather run the 'con (bring on the rocks!)

• 2 weeks later...