Got Job?

denisb

hope your wife's suing Longhorn for wrongful termination/discrimination.

Can't because they didn't do the termination paper work as being "fired" but rather it's stated as a "mutual parting"

It's all good, she's pre-law, so some day we'll get those f*ckers back

Yeah, got some resumes out and luckily had a couple months sallary worth of severance. They say everything happens for a reason....let's just hope it didn't happen to make me find out what living in a cardboard box feels like. :huh: Maybe we could all just get together and pool our knowledge into building and testing 4x4 parts and accesories......I'm sure I could build some sort of blinker fluid tester B)

Denis

i know what living in a pathy feels like.......... anyhoo, yeah, they say the average time to find a job nowadays is 5 months.wtf. i sometimes hate my job, but i don't think u haul is going under any time soon.......... i'll hire you....... c'mon down!

Dude sorry to hi-jack, back to the job search!

No worries.... That story is EFd up! Can't beleive people can pull stuff like that off.

i know what living in a pathy feels like.......... anyhoo, yeah, they say the average time to find a job nowadays is 5 months.wtf. i sometimes hate my job, but i don't think u haul is going under any time soon.......... i'll hire you....... c'mon down!

Hmmm.....It is getting colder here in Canada....Wouldn't you be surprised to wake up Xmas morn with someone sleeping in your driveway.

Hate to see people who want to work out of work. Hell, i hate people who don't want to work and can being without work too! Anyway:

usajobs.gov

It's supposed to be the clearing house for all federal jobs, all agencies. You will be amazed at what's available and where. Couple of tips. Read the job requirements carefully and use similar vocabulary in your resume/online app. A computer sorts through them and then forwards them to the agency. Next, don't be intimidated by the process, take your time, one step at a time and you'll be able to work through it. If i can be of any help, pm me.

Can't beat em, join em. :shrug:

Good luck!

Pete

Edited by PDCCD

Falsifying termination paperwork is a criminal offense. You should report them to the D.A, and sue them for wrongful termination and discrimination.

It is if you can prove it. The problem is that, it's her word against a general manager's, district manager & a fun little host of company lawyers... turds!

• 2 weeks later...

Feeling your pain, man. My wife's company's division shut down over the summer and put out those lovely pink slips, though she stuck on long enough to help complete that, and ended up finding a better job elsewhere in her medical billing field. Now I've been on pins and needles for a few months on reduced hours and the constant threat lately in my fairly rough biz (at least lately, real estate title). Its a crazy world, but keep your head up and nose to the grindstone. :aok:

Ya... Don't feel alone. They laid off 5 more people the other day, and everyone else is on 32 hr work week. "Unless required", so I doubt I'll be seeing much of that. Too bad though, I'd love reduced hours for a while!!

*sigh*

B