Got Job?

denisb

We could probably use one at my place but I'm sure you dont want to move to CA (california) and i'm sure you dont want to work for these jackasses... but if that sounds like something you'd be interested in let me know...

sorry to hear that...hope something comes up soon

Edited by unccpathfinder

Jeez....the epidemic continues. Pezzy's got her 2nd interview with a local company tomorrow, hoping to end her 4 month stint. I know of at least 2-3 folks in my local club who are unemployed as well. Hope your sabbatical is short lived.

Lost my job to cuts Friday after 6 years with the company. Sucks, but life goes on I guess.

Sheit, sorry to hear man. But you are right, life goes on. Be patient and dig around for a job that is as good as/if not better than the last. There is always work for skilled technicians.

Best of luck. :beer:

B

Yeah, got some resumes out and luckily had a couple months sallary worth of severance. They say everything happens for a reason....let's just hope it didn't happen to make me find out what living in a cardboard box feels like. :huh: Maybe we could all just get together and pool our knowledge into building and testing 4x4 parts and accesories......I'm sure I could build some sort of blinker fluid tester B)

Denis

sorry to hear bout that, it sucks i know. i've been outta work for a year but my girlfriend makes enough for us to get by plus i've been taken care of our 17 mo. old boy. i feel better knowing he's with me and day care is expensive, but stayin home all the time is gettin real old. hopefully i'll catch something soon and get back on my feet. best of luck man :aok:

They say everything happens for a reason....let's just hope it didn't happen to make me find out what living in a cardboard box feels like.

LOL, I hear ya.

Being let go was likely the only way I was going to leave my last job... I hadnt been happy there for years. I am hoping this is the push to find something better... annnny day now.... please.

They say everything happens for a reason....

I believe its true...I left the most awesome job in SC to move to CA to follow the woman who i thought was that special one and to make a long story short she wasnt and i hate my job daily but its uhh sorta stable. Well i wanted to leave CA so i contacted my old manager and he wanted me on board so we started making the steps but he couldnt hire me. Well I got my buddy a job there almost 2 years ago right B4 I left and he called up telling me they're about to lay off 50 of the less than 100 folks in the office. So for me my situation kinda sucks but I think me coming out here happened to see a part of the country I would have normally never seen, to avoid being in a bad situation with work and so on and so forth.

Depending on how "proud" you are you could go to some temp agencies and/or get a job in retail (parts store or something) for the time being until something comes up. Even the cable company or power company to stay within the same concentration.

I could probably go work for the competition also, but I'm not 100% I want to keep in the same field (Gaming) possibly because the scar is still fresh :shrug: . So for now I've got a couple of part time possibilities and my severance to keep me going till I make up my mind.

LOL, I hear ya.

Being let go was likely the only way I was going to leave my last job... I hadnt been happy there for years. I am hoping this is the push to find something better... annnny day now.... please.

I was pretty much in the same boat...."bitch and shrug" stage. I guess when things start getting rough throughout a company, it caries like a wave through the employees.

Good luck and hopefully you find something soon Pezzy!

I was pretty much in the same boat...."bitch and shrug" stage. I guess when things start getting rough throughout a company, it caries like a wave through the employees.

Good luck and hopefully you find something soon Pezzy!

Found a job for ya Pezzy... can make lots of $$$ by setting up a naked truck wash stand outside Rausch. I'm sure it'd pull in business for them as well.

Found a job for ya Pezzy... can make lots of $$$ by setting up a naked truck wash stand outside Rausch. I'm sure it'd pull in business for them as well.

Can you say one tracked mine....perseverent....consistent :tongue:

Edited by denisb

LOL, I hear ya.

can you dance? or at least shake it??? ;):D

:D :D

btw. if any of you are surveyors and are willing to move to indy, let me know.. we could use all the help we can get.

can you dance? or at least shake it??? ;):D

:D :D

btw. if any of you are surveyors and are willing to move to indy, let me know.. we could use all the help we can get.

What's the pay like? I'll be joining the unemployment line 01/01 00:01.

I've never worked as survey'er, but I've taken a few over the phone.... :D

Sorry to hear that but hopefully it won't be too long. My wife couldn't get another job for like 4 months because her previous employer told everyone that she killed a guy (no she wasn't in the medical field, she was a bartender!) so at least it was just a cut-back.

Um, yeah, that's a law suit right there... Unless she really did. :blink:

B

She gave a 300+ Lb man 2 margerittas during the course of 2 hours & him eating a meal, then he gets in his Mustang, goes 95 mph on the interstate during 5 o'clock rush hour, clips the back end of another vehicle, flips the car & dies. Longhorn, where my wife had been working for 4 years, fired her the next day (which was the day they found out) because she was the one who served him.

Oh you wanna know the really f*cked up part? His wife, who was in the car with him during the accident, came into Longhorn to see Christina, my wife, to tell her that it was his fault & not hers & that she would never think of bringing a lawsuit against her or Longhorn & that his blood acholol level was below the legal limit & that the police were attributing the accident to speeding & careless driving!

My wife was devistated when he died because they were regulars of hers that came in every Tuesday to see her & were friends of hers outside of work.

Dude sorry to hi-jack, back to the job search!