Wow what a difference!

dhardison

I got around to changing out the cat converter on the 93 yesterday and all I can say is WOW. That stock cat must have been clogged up some because just the high flow part couldn't account for the extra gain in real world power and drivability that I got. Plus I can sleep a little easier knowing my exhaust studs have a little less back pressure.

Just another thanks to everybody in the forum for all the great advice :D

I got around to changing out the cat converter on the 93 yesterday and all I can say is WOW. That stock cat must have been clogged up some because just the high flow part couldn't account for the extra gain in real world power and drivability that I got. Plus I can sleep a little easier knowing my exhaust studs have a little less back pressure.

Seriously! My '87 showed a significant increase in power, and better gas mileage too! I shined a flashlight through one end of my old cat and I could just barely see the light from the other end. The new magnaflow, I could see it clearly. What a difference.

Did yours kinda feel like you were towing something all the time, with the lag on the engine?

Congrats, bud! Where did you get your cat?

Congrats, bud! Where did you get your cat?

I found a direct fit magnaflow cat on ebay for 70 bucks, I couldn't pass that up;

I'm very happy with the results.

they actually have a few on there now just search the part#

22765 for 86-89 pathfinders & HB (I needed to use some 1/2ID high temp rubber hose to hook up the cat emissions side pipe)

22760 for 90+ vg30 pathinders & HB

list price is like 250 but you may find em for under 100 on ebay lately.

e-bay, $108 and free shipping.

I have to ask.... How did that feel?? :deadhorse:

I paid less than that for 2 high flow Magna flow cats....... see www.dotcomparts.com

1995 Pathy

MSD coil

K&N air filter

Amsoil 5W-30

Pacesetter Header

Dual 2.25" Exhaust

Magna Flow Highflow Cats

Magnaflow Mufflers

Search for Duals for pictures

:tonguefinger:

• 2 weeks later...

i just got my new magnaflow cat put on... just yesterday. yes, a nice difference to compliment my headers. most noticeable on the highways. but i wished i would have taken my stock cat to recycle... i was in a time crunch and the shop wanted it. the Stock Cat can be recycled for some good money. depending on the market ... the precious metals inside could net you $100.00.

i also let it go because the shop only charge me $100.00 for the removal of the pre cat and cat, and install of the magnaflow. only 100.00. so i thought i would let it him have it.