weird electrical problem

lyzic

the other day my 2000 xe ran into a weird electrical problem

i'm not even sure how it happened....

something happened...and now i don't have running lights in the back, and my interior dash lights don't work.

fuses are all good.

stereo works, headlights work, interior lights, fog lights, a/c works

anyone have any idea what could be wrong, and what to check? i really have no idea

Don't know if the 00's had this, but my 02 had the daylight control module (that is what the mechanic called it anyway) fail, giving weird effects as well. No gauge lights on one side, no low beam on one side, etc. It was intermittent to start, with only some of the issues showing up at any one time, then poof, all at once. $500 later and all was good.

My 02 also has intermittent dash lights and right side high beam. I figured it was either the daytime running light control or the smart entrance control unit. Now I figure it is the daytime running lights. Thanks trainman. Since your missing tail lights and interior lights I think the Smart entrance unit might be the problem if your pathy equipped with the automatic lights.

Edited by keelhaul

Don't know if the 00's had this, but my 02 had the daylight control module (that is what the mechanic called it anyway) fail, giving weird effects as well. No gauge lights on one side, no low beam on one side, etc. It was intermittent to start, with only some of the issues showing up at any one time, then poof, all at once. $500 later and all was good.

do US paths have daylight control module as well? i dont have any daytime running lights if that helps but had similar problems to my path as well

do US paths have daylight control module as well? i dont have any daytime running lights if that helps but had similar problems to my path as well

turning the dimmer doesn't have any effect

it hasn't done anything to the brake or headlights, just killed the interior lights and the running lights

daylight control module....i'll have to look into that.....

hopefully it won't cost me $500!! eesh... :(