Restore

TrailChaser

I bought a can of this stuff from AutoZone yesterday and plan on adding it after I change my oil later today... Does anyone have anything pos/neg to say about this stuff??? It only cost $7.55 and it makes claims that are somewhat unbelievable, but for the price I fugure it's worth it to give'em a shot.

When I got to the counter to pay, I asked the guy "What's the story on this stuff, any good?" he said that they sell ALOT of that stuff. He also said that mechanics us it as a little trick on some of the older cars they work on because it'll make the car run better as long as it's got high miles...

I'm giving it a shot and I'll let everyone know how well it works...

I attached the AD from Four Wheeler mag.

post-9-1090679206.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been two weeks since I added the Restore in with the oil change...

I'd say if you're not already relying on Lucas or some other product,,, get some Restore... I'm now a believer... I went from what I considered desent proformance to pretty d@mn good proformance. I wish I woulda checked my 0-60 times before and after, but I didn't.... One thing I can say for sure is. No matter how hard I stomped down on the gas pedal the pathy would just take off without squealin the tires, and most of the time it wouldn't peel out even on hard packed dirt roads.

Now I can stomp it and get a nice bark outa the back.

I have to get on the interstate between where i live and where I work, and I can definatly tell a difference on the on ramps going from slow to 70-75 as fast as possible. :clap: :cool2:

I dunno about those oil additives you add to the oil then run for 3000 miles. It seems to me if it cleans your engine it must have some property that will remove gunk from metal. It seems to me this would also make it harder for engine oil to stick to metal parts...

I just tried some stuff in a chevy 350 that you add right before an oil change, idle the engine for 5 minutes, then drain and fill with fresh oil. Did a good job, my idle is much better now and it seems to rev better. I like this approach better than having some detergents bouncing around in my engine for 3000 miles...

just change your oil every 3k and you shouldn't need no magic in no can to pull wool over your eyes... :lol:

Nice. This is probably the simplest and cheapest preventative maintenance. I use the high mileage oil and change it at 3K miles pronto in both the Pathy & Camry. People get on me about how I don't need to, especially with that oil. But I don't listen. Sure, over the course of a year it may cost me and extra $20, but its worth it for the peace of mind. Besides, I did the same in my last Nissan and ran over 250K miles without a single engine problem. That says enough to me. Maybe the additives help on an already tired motor, but that's up to you.

wasn't Restore the product that advertised that it "bonds to engine components" to repair the cylinder walls etc? I'm not sure I want to put anything in my engine that BONDS to anything!

well i have to change the oil today, so i'm gonna try some of the lucas oil stabilizer. I'll let you know if it makes a big difference over a simple oils and filter change

ok, i put about 1/3 of a bottle of lucas in with the fresh oil, and i got about 3 little bottles of old oil out of the engine. I'll have to check next time I change it to see if it burned less.