Hello From NY

CSCustomCars

Hello everyone. Joined up a couple days ago, and finally have some time to post. My name is Chris, From The capital area in NY. I just bought a 94 SE, with 151,xxx miles, that's really rusty, but still running good. It was the best deal around $400, and it's going to be my winter beater.

Truth be told, it's my first import I've ever owned. I am a Pontiac Man (Awaits the flaming B) ).

I hope to learn enough on this site to fix her up a bit. And who knows? If she's still running and driving well in a year or so, maybe I'll make her into a trail truck.

Anywho, I've got some questions I will go post in their proper places.

Looking forward to getting to know my new pathy.

Edited by CSCustomCars

Welcome to NPORA, and congrats on the winter beater. They're good trucks.

Hope you checked the frame for rust (rear passenger side, wheel well is a magnet for cancer)...

Lots of info here, hope we can try to convert you from your Pontiac ways :D

Yeah I did. the frame is rusting pretty good, but nothing is shot, or rusted out yet. There's one spot, behind the passenger rear wheel that's starting to go through, but it's still structurally sound.

I may have someone repair it, I may not. Not sure yet.

Welcome Bud!! Baring catastrophies, the Pathy should serve you well this winter, and you'll probably grow to like it.

I am a Pontiac Man

Well, we all have problems, but most of us don't go waving them around... :D

B

Awesome a local boy. Ironic, a few days ago my buddies and I were bored. We drove up until Red Hook. I proceeded to go bats--- loco and go flying thru some mud and grass. Ah my first taste of "off-road". I wish my fatass friends got out of the car though. This pathy o' mine crawls over anything if Im careful, and in 2wd. Ditches are fun to climb out of....heh. Welcome aboard fellow NYer.

I may have someone repair it, I may not. Not sure yet.

If you want the truck to last a few winters, I would suggest you look at getting it repaired sooner than later... It takes no time for rust to spread. You may want to tap around back there with a hammer... it may look like it's in good shape, but find the metal back there is pretty weak.

(I speak from -secondhand- experience)

Hopefully all you'll need to do is clean up the rust, and reinforce with some new steel.

. I am a Pontiac Man (Awaits the flaming B) ).

Oh dear god, you've come to the right place :jk::lol:

Welcome WAVEY

You will find it to be very reliable truck, providing that you get the frame rust fixed. There are quite a few people around with over 300k or more on them!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've already grown to like it.

I did tap around the rust hole like you said Pezzy. Not much came off. And I'll most likely have it repaired. It's just the coming up with the cash part... I don't have a welder, or I'd do it. Apartment living sucks. I've got a couple other things that are coming first. Like the steering clunk, and the alternator. Then I'll work on other stuff.

Madcat, I'm in Albany, NY. ABout a 4 hours drive for ya. But I grew up in Poughkeepsie.