OME Suspension lift for 2005+ Pathfinder

Earljam

Rocky-road.com claims to offer a 1.75 OME (Old Man Emu) suspension lift for 2005+ Nissan Pathfinders. I have not seen this offered by any other site incuding ARBUSA.com. I sent an email to ARB asking if they make such a lift and have not received any response. Does anybody have any additional information on this lift or know of any lifts for the 2005+ Pathfinder other then the $1,600 5" Calmini? Ideally I would like to find something in the 3" range

Indeed, there is an OME lift for the R51. Several guys on thenissanpath.com have installed it successfully. The major obstacles are a.) fitting the springs on the coilover shocks and b.) getting the alignment within factory spec afterwards. Unfortunately, it seems people have only been getting between 1.5 and 1.75" of lift, which in my mind isn't enough to justify the effort and cost.

As for the alternative, Calmini, that $1,600 is just for the drop-down parts; you're still looking at replacing the OEM springs and shocks when you're done. And I'm not sure I want to drive a 2005+ Pathfinder with 5" lift unless I widen the stance a bit.

I am looking at putting together my own lift using Rancho shocks, OME springs and Total Chaos UCA's. I'm hoping to get 2-2.5" lift plus gain 2" travel front and rear for about the same price as the Calmini kit. My goal is to mount 33" tires, which in combination with the lift will give me a total of 4-4.5" elevation, 2" extra clearance and 2" extra wheel travel.

Indeed, there is an OME lift for the R51. Several guys on thenissanpath.com have installed it successfully. The major obstacles are a.) fitting the springs on the coilover shocks and b.) getting the alignment within factory spec afterwards. Unfortunately, it seems people have only been getting between 1.5 and 1.75" of lift, which in my mind isn't enough to justify the effort and cost.

As for the alternative, Calmini, that $1,600 is just for the drop-down parts; you're still looking at replacing the OEM springs and shocks when you're done. And I'm not sure I want to drive a 2005+ Pathfinder with 5" lift unless I widen the stance a bit.

I am looking at putting together my own lift using Rancho shocks, OME springs and Total Chaos UCA's. I'm hoping to get 2-2.5" lift plus gain 2" travel front and rear for about the same price as the Calmini kit. My goal is to mount 33" tires, which in combination with the lift will give me a total of 4-4.5" elevation, 2" extra clearance and 2" extra wheel travel.

I JUST INSTALLED THE NEW RANCHO QUICK LIFT SHOCKS FOR FRONT AND REAR WHICH GAVE ME 2" LIFT AND ALSO INSTALLED 285/75/16 BFG ALL-TERRAINS. LOOKS PRETTY SWEET. I HAD TO TRIM THE FENDER LINER SOME AND THE FRONT LOWER BUMPER VALANCE ON THE CORNER. BUT YOU CANT REALLY SEE IT.

I JUST INSTALLED THE NEW RANCHO QUICK LIFT SHOCKS FOR FRONT AND REAR WHICH GAVE ME 2" LIFT AND ALSO INSTALLED 285/75/16 BFG ALL-TERRAINS. LOOKS PRETTY SWEET. I HAD TO TRIM THE FENDER LINER SOME AND THE FRONT LOWER BUMPER VALANCE ON THE CORNER. BUT YOU CANT REALLY SEE IT.

Post some pics dood! It sounds damn sexy :D

Got any more information on this lift? What else does it include besides shocks? How much $$$?

Got any more information on this lift? What else does it include besides shocks? How much $$$?

According to Rancho's documentation, you need the following parts for the Ranch lift:

• Two Rancho RS999790 QuickLift front coilover shocks at about $200-250 each.
  • Two Rancho RS999312 RS9000XL rear shocks at about $100-125 each
  • One pair Ranch RS70077 rear spacer blocks at about $65-90 per pair
  • Optional: Rancho MyRide wireless shock adjustment controller to adjust shocks from inside your vehicle, if desired, at abround $250-300.

Mikey:

Did you gain any suspension travel? Have you done any off-roading since installing the kit??

I just installed the kit 1 week ago. I hadnt had a chance to go offroad yet. I would say between the lift and my tires I gained about 3"s. As far as price medici is correct. I havent got the wireless remote yet, i just sent in the rebate for the free wireless i should see it in about 6 weeks. Ive been meaning to put pics on the sight hopefully soon.

I just installed the kit 1 week ago. I hadnt had a chance to go offroad yet. I would say between the lift and my tires I gained about 3"s. As far as price medici is correct. I havent got the wireless remote yet, i just sent in the rebate for the free wireless i should see it in about 6 weeks. Ive been meaning to put pics on the sight hopefully soon.

Mikey,

Have you had an issues/difficulty with getting the alignment within factory spec after putting on your lift? I have read some other threads stating that this has been difficlut for some owners who went with the Old Man Emu lift.

NO NOT REALLY, IM WITHIN SPECS FROM LEFT TO RIGHT AND JUST .3 DEGREES BELOW CASTER. SO I MAY WANDER A LITTLE BIT AT HIGH SPEEDS. DRIVES GREAT.

:worthless:

Come on, don't keep us in suspense! Pics of the install, if you have them, would be nice, too!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. New to forum, first post. Thought i'd share the reply I got from ARB USA re OME on the 08 Pathfinder OR:

I sent them an inquiry about the OME unit for my PF (minus shocks/struts: i planned to use the Bilsteins on my rig as they only have about 10k miles). I got a quick reply from Marc Bowers, Tech Supervisor which is quoted below.

From ARB: "Standard OME springs will fit the truck, but US trucks seem to be lifting too tall resulting in alignment problems. My advisement is not to fit springs to these trucks for this reason unless they are carrying at least a couple hundred k.kilos in the back. Further, as the front uses struts I do not know if the springs will work on the Bilstein units as we've neither designed for them nor tested with them."

I had read that folks were using their stock shocks/struts we good results (some topping out does rarely occur). Things might work better w/ the entire OMU setup?

Guessing I'll find another 2" suspension lift elsewhere.

best

gk

• 4 weeks later...

i just found this the other day and though some of you might like it

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/pr...inder_mini_kit/

i havn't ordered my kit yet but will be soon.

does anyone know will a is there any bumpers that will fit a pathfinder

Edited by nocompromiseoffroad

Welcome.

Hey you aint too far from me (High Point, NC), you wanna go to URE sometime when it opens back up again in the spring?

i will be out at URE quite a bit, but this pathy wont be there for a while. i sold my rig this past year :thumbsdown: but often catch a ride with my buddies. if you want to trail ride with some jeeps and yotas then we should get up.