Canada so I came to the Western side.

Winnipeg does technically fall on the west

side of Canada (our country's middle is about

an hour east of Winnipeg) so I'm saying what

up from the west :jig:

Werd, those Rider goons do smell bad... wearing

old watermelons on their heads and drinking that

nasty Pilsner.... *shudder* :ill:

And their CFL team isn't talented, just lucky.

And yes, we snow wheel here because it's the only

option for the better part of the year. Good mud wheeling

when it isn't frozen (April-October) and there are some

killer spots to rock wheel (Whiteshell, West Hawk Lake,

Nopiming) and North Western Ontario is only a few hours

away (tons of good places to wheel with a huge variety

of terrains: sand, rock, mud, water).

There isn't much good stuff going on in the

boring city of Winterpeg, but if you're the wheeling-and-

outdoors type and don't mind the bitter cold half the year

there's some serious fun to be had in Manitoba. The fun

really DOES stop at the SK border though :tonguefinger:

Edited by tekazgtr1984

• 1 month later...

Another 'pegger here...

Quick question for you guys with 3.3L powered R50s..

What kind of gas mileage are you getting?

I just filled up and calculated out 10.5mpg (US gallons). That's around 270kms on a 60.7L fill.

My previous tank I got 11mpg US.

Is it just my truck or is the cold getting all of your mileages this low?

I've got synthetic rear diff fluid and 31" tires (don't worry I corrected the distance traveled by the right amount) as things that would effect mileage.

Another 'pegger here...

Quick question for you guys with 3.3L powered R50s..

What kind of gas mileage are you getting?

I just filled up and calculated out 10.5mpg (US gallons). That's around 270kms on a 60.7L fill.

My previous tank I got 11mpg US.

Is it just my truck or is the cold getting all of your mileages this low?

I've got synthetic rear diff fluid and 31" tires (don't worry I corrected the distance traveled by the right amount) as things that would effect mileage.

270 km? Ouch, that ain't right at all... Typically I'm getting just about 400km/tank. In 4x4 with the cold weather I'm still getting about 350-360km/tank. I'm also running 32" tires... How's the mileage on your rig? Filling up with reg or prem? Any fuel additives?

Any questions, feel free to ask :D

Yikes yeah what you're getting sounds alot better...

The truck has just under 150,000kms but I replaced the motor, the junkyard said it had around 185,000kms on it. The motor does run perfectly, no codes, no oil burning and the oil stays golden several thousand k after the oil is changed so all indicators tell me it's been taken care of.

Regular co-op gas, no additives and I drive around in 2wd. I do have a remote starter and let it run for about 10 minutes each morning, and my driving is 100% city. I do have a peice of cardboard blocking some of my rad to keep it running warmer for the winter. I was thinking of doing manual hubs, a warm air intake and converting to electric rad fans to help but looks like there's a problem somewhere else.

How long do you wait to fill up? I normally wait till there's 1/8th to 1/4 tank left. Yesterday it cost me $52 to fill.

I just broke 168k yesterday so I'd say our engines are in about the same condition give or take.

Remote starting is a killer... 10 minutes is good but that's where your rig will drink it up. Try 5 minutes and you'll get the same result with half the fuel consumption. Even 1-2 minutes is good, as long as you don't mind a chilly cab :D

Manual hubs are a great idea; I'm waiting on my set as we speak. As for the intake, check your filter. If it's a K&N oiled filter, change back to paper or foam for the winter. An oiled filter gets coagulated in -0 weather and your engine can't breathe. I picked up a HKS Super Hybrid filter and it's made a world of difference; I'll never go back to K&N. An electric rad fan will help out too but I'd say your best bet would be changing your filter and shortening idle times with remote start.

As for filling my rig, I wait till about 1/4, 3/16 tank. Once the -30, -40 days start, 1/4 is the lowest I'd let it get (condensation in the gas tank can wreak serious havoc).

Last time I filled up was about 10 days ago and I spent about $54. I run prem fuel with LucasOil Octane booster/fuel additive so that may help boost your mileage and keep that engine in tip-top shape.

I hope this schpiel has helped some! :aok:

Edited by tekazgtr1984

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd throw this out there to any 'Peggers feeling up to some snow wheelin' before the end of the holidays...

Gonna test out the trails at the Oases Sand Pits tomorrow (Sunday the 28th) sometime in the early afternoon. If anyone's interested shoot me a PM or text me @ (204) 955-6178 and we'll get the details made out.

If all else fails, I'm just gonna head to the floodway north of the 59 overpass at Spring Hill and tear up them frozen swampy fields! :aok:

Cheers!

Just thought I'd throw this out there to any 'Peggers feeling up to some snow wheelin' before the end of the holidays...

Gonna test out the trails at the Oases Sand Pits tomorrow (Sunday the 28th) sometime in the early afternoon. If anyone's interested shoot me a PM or text me @ (204) 955-6178 and we'll get the details made out.

If all else fails, I'm just gonna head to the floodway north of the 59 overpass at Spring Hill and tear up them frozen swampy fields! :aok:

Cheers!

Throwing out another invitation to go wheeling, for Jan. 4th, same place, same time. If anyone wants to join our group, contact me for details. All are welcome! Hope to see you there

Probably going to try for this every Sunday so if you're interested contact me and I can put updates on here.

Edited by tekazgtr1984

• 2 months later...

:fireworx: Hi guys i see by your posts that you are all running gas drinking V6 type terranos/Pathys here in New Zealand im running a D21 TD2.7 1990 model yup a diesel one.

Running 32 inch tires with a 2 inch sus lift n i can get almost 940 ks out of a tank full of diesel average fill up price for me from 1/4 tank is $68.oo diesel here is $1.oo a liter as for gas well depending on what you use for regular its $1.63 a liter n super is $1.68 a liter but with discount vouchers from local supermarkets you can get up to 12 cents a liter off some places depending on what you spend with them up to 20 cents a liter off.

I also have here on disc workshop manuals for both types of Terrano/Pathy there is a welth of infomation and exploded views of componits as well.

If anyone wants a copy pm me with your e mail addy and i well e mail it to you but you better have a real large mail box or i will have to break it down into smaller folders and theres heeps of folders. :itsallgood:

What, what, what???

Just jokes! :itsallgood:

I was referring more to the Bombers/Riders rivalry than anything. :lol:

:fireworx: Hi guys i see by your posts that you are all running gas drinking V6 type terranos/Pathys here in New Zealand im running a D21 TD2.7 1990 model yup a diesel one.

Running 32 inch tires with a 2 inch sus lift n i can get almost 940 ks out of a tank full of diesel average fill up price for me from 1/4 tank is $68.oo diesel here is $1.oo a liter as for gas well depending on what you use for regular its $1.63 a liter n super is $1.68 a liter but with discount vouchers from local supermarkets you can get up to 12 cents a liter off some places depending on what you spend with them up to 20 cents a liter off.

I also have here on disc workshop manuals for both types of Terrano/Pathy there is a welth of infomation and exploded views of componits as well.

If anyone wants a copy pm me with your e mail addy and i well e mail it to you but you better have a real large mail box or i will have to break it down into smaller folders and theres heeps of folders. :itsallgood:

Yeah, we live in North America, where no one was ever smart enough to consider the rationality of having a diesel engine in a SUV. We were never even given the option for diesels. Luckily for Canada, we're able to import JDM Terranos to take advantage of that crazy good mileage and badass torque.

I'm hoping to drop a 3.2L turbo diesel in my '98 in the next year or so... I'm tired of getting only 400km/tank... :thumbsdown:

Just jokes! :itsallgood:

I was referring more to the Bombers/Riders rivalry than anything. :lol:

Still mad, eh? :)

Yeah, we live in North America, where no one was ever smart enough to consider the rationality of having a diesel engine in a SUV. We were never even given the option for diesels. Luckily for Canada, we're able to import JDM Terranos to take advantage of that crazy good mileage and badass torque.

I'm hoping to drop a 3.2L turbo diesel in my '98 in the next year or so... I'm tired of getting only 400km/tank... :thumbsdown:

We can agree on this. In a lot of cases, buying a whole Terrano is a wayyyy better deal too if you can put up with driving on the JDM side of the truck.

Still mad, eh? :)

We can agree on this. In a lot of cases, buying a whole Terrano is a wayyyy better deal too if you can put up with driving on the JDM side of the truck.

Meh, it's been almost two years... I'm not that begrudging. At least where sports are concerned. :lol:

Although I am excited for the '09 season to get under way. :beer:

As for the whole vehicle, not possible just yet. The QD32 engine was available from '98+up which means I couldn't import one until 2013. I'm hoping to have that swap done well before then. :happy:

• 1 month later...

Seen a few modified R50's in the last couple weeks in Winnipeg. Wondering if any of ya'll are on here. I saw a lifted 2nd gen R50 the other week, grey on XE steelies. Saw a white 1st gen yesterday on my lunch break, on some nice 31" mudders.

It's good to see some people reppin' the Sunny Badge here in Winnipeg beyond the tuners/street rides. :aok:

• 2 weeks later...
We accept all Canadians... except those from Ontario and East haha. Welcome to NPORA West Canada, I am guessing you snow wheel more then rock wheel?

Mah !?!... so from ontario to east...we are aliens ?

hey all from s'toon. I read some of the earlier posts and had a laugh cause this place blows. I can't find any hills/slopes/bumps/bush. do potholes out here count as wheelin'?

Yeah, you have to go find the good places. I've found a few good places but you're pretty much trailblazing for the most parts here in the prairies. :shrug:

• 1 month later...

sorry ty..dk?

sandblasted my bike many years ago with a compressor and a pail of sand i think....worked pretty good but lotsa sweepin after. did it at work in the mechanical shop.

sorry ty..dk?

sandblasted my bike many years ago with a compressor and a pail of sand i think....worked pretty good but lotsa sweepin after. did it at work in the mechanical shop.

Damn, I never thought of that. Now if I can just find a shop where I could do it, I'd be set... :scratchhead:

But I may be in luck. Winnipeg Sandblasting on Route 90 does just what I need... I shot an e-mail to admin. so hopefully I'll get some good news in the morning. :D

• 3 weeks later...

guys my pathfinder is finished if anyone wants a AC lift with brand new Monore struts dust boots mounts watch the MPI auction. its white pretty beat up but might be worth buying if you want the AC lift they usually go for about 600-700 bucks (pathfinders at MPI). also check out i have some stuff for sale in the classified section would prefer to sell local. runnermans skid plate, LE steeringwhell, USwheels 15x8 4.25 BS, 1 rancho 5000 rear shock and boot, also a class 3 hitch

guys my pathfinder is finished if anyone wants a AC lift with brand new Monore struts dust boots mounts watch the MPI auction. its white pretty beat up but might be worth buying if you want the AC lift they usually go for about 600-700 bucks (pathfinders at MPI). also check out i have some stuff for sale in the classified section would prefer to sell local. runnermans skid plate, LE steeringwhell, USwheels 15x8 4.25 BS, 1 rancho 5000 rear shock and boot, also a class 3 hitch

PM sent.