Pathfinder Mileage POLL

amb4081

How many miles are on your 1990-1995 Pathfinder?  

953 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles are on your 1990-1995 Pathfinder?

• 1-100,000 miles (just a baby)
    • 100,001-150,000 miles (break-in period)
    • 150,001-200,000 miles (broke in)
    • 200,001-250,000 miles (mature)
    • 250,001-300,000 miles (advanced in years/miles)
    • 300,001- up (pathy getting tired)

Guest nloach

I am at 225k miles and she runs like a top. Only problems I have had with it since I have had it (187k miles) is that I have had to replace the front half of the exhaust, replace manifold bolts on the passenger side and more recently I have been having troubles with what appears to be my Mass Air Flow sensor. Personally i think the problem is the wiring, not the sensor, but that isn't exactly an easy problem to diagnose so I am going through the steps. Otherwise, so the only fatal issue I have is a small hole that has developed above my right rear tire in the chassis. I have been testing around to see chassis thickness everywhere else and it seems to be fine, so I am planning to simply fish plate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this makes me feel better seeing this thread! :takebow: I just picked up a '95 4x4 LE yesterday with only 93,7xx miles on it! I'll have time tomorrow to start playing with her.

I am at 225k miles and she runs like a top. Only problems I have had with it since I have had it (187k miles) is that I have had to replace the front half of the exhaust, replace manifold bolts on the passenger side and more recently I have been having troubles with what appears to be my Mass Air Flow sensor. Personally i think the problem is the wiring, not the sensor, but that isn't exactly an easy problem to diagnose so I am going through the steps. Otherwise, so the only fatal issue I have is a small hole that has developed above my right rear tire in the chassis. I have been testing around to see chassis thickness everywhere else and it seems to be fine, so I am planning to simply fish plate it.

Sounds like you may have the same issues with the MAF I've been fighting for several years. I think I got it this time though. The problem was intermittent, origanally only on wet days, later whenever it felt like it.

Symptoms were:

- irratic idle; 400-1500 rpms

- later, just low idle; 100 -220 rpms (I've never seen an engine contiune to idle that slow and it was smooth!)

- loss of power

- increase fuel consumption

The problem would go away by itself. So, I'd get under the hood and measure the sensors, unplug them, form the contacts in the connector a bit for a better connection and the problem would stay away for 6-8 months.

Finally, the problem didn't go away. This time I took the connectors for the MAF and TBP apart, pulled the contacts out - they're kind of tricky to get to - and tightened them by sqeezing the fixed portion. P...

My theroy is that 13 years of heat, cold and vibration caused the connectors to open up some and make the connection less than optimal. In any case, it hasn't run and idled so well in a long time.

Edited by Animal

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm... I have been mulling over the MAF sensor thing for a few weeks now...everything else has been done/replaced on my Pathy this year..... must.....go........look......

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can I Add mine up????

95SE 130k

92XE 192k

88SE 260k

All I ever had to fix on the 88 was the Starter 1st time it died, 2nd time the Oil sending unit above the started failed and pourd Oil into the starter:(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest chainsaw

when i got my 93 XE from South Carolina at 183,000 the 4WD had NEVER been engaged. now i hit the dirt every weekend and have 203,000 miles on her.

• 2 weeks later...

My 93 just turned 263,000 I got her at 135,000 almost 7 years ago.

My recently aquired, "new" 92 pathfinder only has 105,000 on it.

Both are Nissian red.

A friend was concerned about buying an xterra with 83,000 on it and ask me how many miles I had on my Pathy. I told him 225,000 at the time, then told him " at 83,000 that thing ain't even broke in yet". Three years later he is still driving his xterra.

• 4 weeks later...

B)

Mine has 235000 and still going great

riding good no smoke good power

only problem so far is the miss ive been trying to figure out

for a couple of weeks now :wacko: hopefully its the distributor

i might have found one for 40.00 only about 30 miles away from me

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...