Pathfinder Mileage POLL

amb4081

How many miles are on your 1990-1995 Pathfinder?  

953 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles are on your 1990-1995 Pathfinder?

• 1-100,000 miles (just a baby)
    • 100,001-150,000 miles (break-in period)
    • 150,001-200,000 miles (broke in)
    • 200,001-250,000 miles (mature)
    • 250,001-300,000 miles (advanced in years/miles)
    • 300,001- up (pathy getting tired)

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, but I saw the Mileage Poll, and had to add my response.

As of this morning, I have 473,687 on my 1994 XE.

Original engine. Leaks more oil from the valve cover gaskets, than it burns.

I'm on my second transmission. The first one went out around 380,000.

No other major parts have been changed.

Other info:

I'm on my 7th timing belt.

8th set of tires.

5th set of brakes.

3rd waterpump.

4 set of fog/driving lights. (just can't keep from catching a rock!)

4th set of spark plugs.

3rd windshield.

100+ oil changes. Oh, and my second drain plug!

I constantly amaze people with the mileage, and the great condition the car is in.

When this one finally dies, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting another Nissan.

holy cow! that's the most miles i heard of one of these things having... :beer:

let's see some pix!

Ha! The most miles I've heard of.. PERIOD!

OMG thats a sh!t load of miles. ive only seen one 2 other vehicals over 400k one was a mercedez with 500k, and a ford diesel moving truck with a staggering 675k miles. my bro was like does that say 67k, i turned to him an said theres no way this peice has 67k. i looked at it and was like wtf?!

Edited by BigMike

Highest Car Mileage

A 1966 Volvo P-1800S owned by Irvin Gordon of East Patchogue, New York, USA, had covered in excess of 3,572,342 km (2,219,751 miles) by March 2004. The car is still driven on a daily basis and covers over 160,000 km (100,000 miles) per year, thanks in part to being driven to numerous car shows and events in Europe and the USA.*

I actually met this guy when he came through Wells, Nv. back in the mid 90's. He gave me an autographed pic with the (then) current mileage on it, just for being in BFE & knowing what a P1800 was! I still have it packed away in a box somewhere... B)

* Quote from Guinness Book of Records

Edited by hardwaretoad

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jaype

Mine is as 90 625 miles . It`s still brand new almost for a 94.

I want to do some modifications , but don`t really know what to begin with.

Any suggestions.

Jaype, I'd read, read, read. Hit the search button on lifts (body & suspension), headers, tire & wheels, intakes, etc. 'til you can't read any more. Then read some more! -study- :P

Also, check the pinned topics at the top of the garage section, most of the more common topics listed above will be there ~ click & learn. If something's not clear to you, you can always start a post in the appropriate section. Same thing in a thread that you find that relates to what you're wanting to do ~ by posting a reply it'll bring the thread back up to the top. They slide into oblivion all too quick sometimes, and then can get hard to find... :type:

Wanting "to do some mods" is pretty general, it depends on what you want or need out of your vehicle ~ what's good for a hardcore offroad rig won't be right for a "weekend warrior's" rig, or visa-versa. There's give & take in all of it, think it out, jump in & ask questions, and you & your rig will be happier for it. :aok:

Welcome to NPORA... :beer:

• 1 month later...
Highest Car Mileage

A 1966 Volvo P-1800S owned by Irvin Gordon of East Patchogue, New York, USA, had covered in excess of 3,572,342 km (2,219,751 miles) by March 2004. The car is still driven on a daily basis and covers over 160,000 km (100,000 miles) per year, thanks in part to being driven to numerous car shows and events in Europe and the USA.*

I actually met this guy when he came through Wells, Nv. back in the mid 90's. He gave me an autographed pic with the (then) current mileage on it, just for being in BFE & knowing what a P1800 was! I still have it packed away in a box somewhere...  B)

* Quote from Guinness Book of Records

there are a few other cars with 1mil mi + out there. at least a couple of Mercedes cars.

here is one

you'll have to click the videos & 360s tab --> then one of the two commercials on the left --> then it's in the third one from the left in the popup window. It's called "Faithfull." the car is kind of towards the end. i think it's an old 108.. check out the badges.. (not dialup friendly at all!)

i also have heard of a datsun b210 and a chevy and ford pickups with those kinds of miles.. i'm sure there has to be a Toyota too

My buddies GF works at a Kia dealership and she said a few weeks back, that an old rusted out toyota came in for some stupid reason and needed an alignment or somthing. anyhow one the idiot mechanics (it is a kia you know) asked how the milage was only 30k km's on a vehicle so obviously old and beat up. The owner stared at the guy for a second and said it had rolled over. It had 1,030,xxx miles on it pretty impressive if you ask me. As to whether it was the original engine (not likley on a yota) is up to you to guess. I still think its pretty amazing everything else was still holding up though.

• 2 weeks later...

same here, it has 268,000 on it. seems to run pretty good. Although i've noticed that shifting from first to second (ATX) gives you quite a kick in the pants at lower rpm's. I hope the tranny's gonna be ok. Seems to get better after a little bit of driving though.

Guest Jeff in AZ

Well, I finally made it!!!

500000.jpg

I'm getting ready to write letters to Nissan, and Castrol. :type:

Jeff

Guest Mr. Bungle

I drive 70 mile one way to work almost everyday about 140 to 160 average per day this is my 4th Nissan I had a 1990 truck with 356892 miles on it and still running strong til some "person" decided to take its life a short 2 years ago, almost the saddest day of my life until I got my 95 pathmaker last august i have done tons of upgrades so far , i am going to paint it soon I'll be happy after I put 33's on it and a lift on it .

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the local dealer today picking up my wife's 95 Altima that was having a recalled driver's airbag replaced. Curious, I asked the service manager his opinion on the expected lifespan of a well-maintained Pathy. He said easily 300,000, and probably more. My 94 SE has 180,000 and is still running strong. Just had the fuel injectors and throttle body cleaned this week. A noticeable improvement in the idle, low rpm responsiveness and seat-of-the-pants feel.

DMT

My brother had a bad experience with a Las Vegas Nissan dealership. He went in looking for a used Sentra and came home with a 2004 Sentra 1.8 with only 12,000 miles. Car was nice but without the essentials like power steering, locks, and windows. A few days later he went in to make a payment and instead of him leaving, he ended up having to surrender his keys and phone home. Turns out he didn't qualify for the loan since he was a first-time-buyer. Either that, or he forks out more money for his down payment. Boy were my parents pissed. If that were me, I would have driven the car home and had them pick it up themselves.

A day later they recieved a phone call from the dealer and was offered a 2005 Sentra 1.8S with a $2,500 rebate, for their trouble. The thing is, the rebates only go out to the 2005 models. They would take his $500, plus the $2,500 rebate and use it as a $3,000 down payment. My dad was totally confused on why he didn't offer that to them in the first place. That would have made it so much simpler.

In the end, he walked out with the newer car. Complete with power everything and keyless entry. My family is happy. But now.... I'm jealous... I want a new car too.

Edited by 90seven

500000.jpg

Jeff

Send those letters and maybe Nissan and Castrol will use your pathy in a commercial. Hehe, and if it isn't TV pretty, they might pimp your ride. :)

I need my ride pimped.... 131,000 later.. she went from shiny stock everything to bigger n uglier in less than 2 yrs.. but she gets more beautiful to me by the day! :rolleyes:

I've been getting slow and lazy lately with only 9K miles in the last year to carry me to 142K or so. But I'll pick up the pace now, as we just signed on a house a half hour away, so its back to the &*^%^%$%^$# commute.

500000.jpg

Jeff

Bye the way, that's awesome. 1/2 a million miles. They better offer you some free toys or something. Time to cash in hopefully! Just don't take free maintenance, you're obviously doing fine on your own. :clap: