Pathfinder Mileage POLL

amb4081

How many miles are on your 1990-1995 Pathfinder?  

953 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles are on your 1990-1995 Pathfinder?

• 1-100,000 miles (just a baby)
    • 100,001-150,000 miles (break-in period)
    • 150,001-200,000 miles (broke in)
    • 200,001-250,000 miles (mature)
    • 250,001-300,000 miles (advanced in years/miles)
    • 300,001- up (pathy getting tired)

I just found the mileage poll...I have 127,000 on my '92 Pathfinder...still goin strong..and by the way...when was that recall about the exhaust? I think that's the noise mines making..and wonder if I can still get it fixed? If anyone has any info I would appreciate an email. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pathfinderdriver

238,000 Miles and still going. I think My Tranny is due for a rebuild though. Figures since I just put a clutch in it. Rebuilt the rear axle when I installed the ARB. Other then that only thing I've done is a water pump once and the usual timing belt. I do have one ripped CV boot that needs attention. Other then that it is starting to show some wear. Drivers side door pins worn, center counsel broke, windshield cracks...

1994 with 165,000 miles starting to use oil.

Not sure if its valve seal or rings

Just changed the starter yesterday.

Fixed right side manifold last year now the left side is leaking.

door pins slightly worn, gas tank and sending unit relpaced

(leak)

Otherwise very reliable.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jeff in AZ

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, but I saw the Mileage Poll, and had to add my response.

As of this morning, I have 473,687 on my 1994 XE.

Original engine. Leaks more oil from the valve cover gaskets, than it burns.

I'm on my second transmission. The first one went out around 380,000.

No other major parts have been changed.

Other info:

I'm on my 7th timing belt.

8th set of tires.

5th set of brakes.

3rd waterpump.

4 set of fog/driving lights. (just can't keep from catching a rock!)

4th set of spark plugs.

3rd windshield.

100+ oil changes. Oh, and my second drain plug!

I constantly amaze people with the mileage, and the great condition the car is in.

When this one finally dies, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting another Nissan.

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, but I saw the Mileage Poll, and had to add my response.

As of this morning, I have 473,687 on my 1994 XE.

Original engine. Leaks more oil from the valve cover gaskets, than it burns.

I'm on my second transmission. The first one went out around 380,000.

No other major parts have been changed.

Other info:

I'm on my 7th timing belt.

8th set of tires.

5th set of brakes.

3rd waterpump.

4 set of fog/driving lights. (just can't keep from catching a rock!)

4th set of spark plugs.

3rd windshield.

100+ oil changes. Oh, and my second drain plug!

I constantly amaze people with the mileage, and the great condition the car is in.

When this one finally dies, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting another Nissan.

holy cow! that's the most miles i heard of one of these things having... :beer:

let's see some pix!

Guest FreddyB

I have a 95 Pathy XE and I'm in the 175,000 mile zone right now...still going strong although I have a minor manifold leak...and the engin "tocks" occassionally.

Winters here do take a lot out of cars though (Quebec, Canada) so body has taken a beating in the last couple of years.

Had to put my two cents in:

240,000 miles, a 1995 but one year, the speedo didn't work, so ave

is around 30K / yr. Just replaced the timing belt for the first time at 225K,

(i know, I shouldn't have waited that long) but I kept it from the shop and it didn't even have a crack in it.

Had the manifold problem fixed and regularly oil it and change out the trans oil every 3 oil changes just in case!

Plopped the Cone Filter on it, and got more "pop" off the line and a bit more HP / Speed on the Fwy.

I'm the sole owner, and I'll keep it till it drops. :cool2:

Hi Guys!

New here and had to add to the post. My 93 SE has 258,650 miles and I still drive it 50 miles to and 50 miles from work everyday at 70 mph. New trans and clutch at 185,000, waterpump and alternator around 195,000 and it's on the 3rd timing belt. Burns no oil whatsoever and gets new synthetic oil every 6,000. They really do make a good truck!

Hi! New member today, actually. I have a '95 SE with 61k original miles... I got it in Dec 2002 with only 27k!!!!!!!! It came as a dealer trade-in, and I know the milage is fairly accurate, because on the carfax report it had been leased for three years, then purchased, and reregistered once in '00 and milage was consistant each report. What a find, I've always wanted the '95 (loyal Nissan owner).

All I've done too it is brakes, tires, and shocks. About time for its first timing belt. Any other recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pathfinder54

great poll cant belive that some of u guys have that many miles

heck i have a 90 v6 5spd man and i am the third owner and it has 161,000 so i guess i will have it awhile with min proplems

I HAVE 146000 MILES oan my 95 se 5 speed and my wife has 100000 on her 97 xe.I also have a 1990 sentra with 206000 miles original engine and clutch.The most miles I have ever seen is 324000 on a 88 Pathfinder that I saw in a parking lot.I have a tendency to check out parked pathfinders and look at the odometer..ITS HARD TO BELIEVE THE GUY WITH 467000 MILES THAT IS UNREAL.... :o

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at 82k, now and I haven't had any problems that weren't the shops fault, or my own stupidity.

Stripped drain plug off in oil pan. Replaced free.

Replaced axle, and didnt reinstall hubs properly, broke my hubs. Replaced free.

Defective cats. Replaced free.

Fried alternator. Mud. Replaced with Quest for $30.

But now, I have an 02 sensor code and a power loss. Really need to get it checked out soon. Once I get that fixed, she should be good for another 150-200k.

Oh yeah, and some wierd electrical thing. The truck sudenly died on me in an intersection, and then nothing would happen....no radio, no heat, nothing. $780 worth of diagnosis/labor later, there was nothing wrong, and it worked fine. Never acted up since. I chalk it up to the truck hating Rochester.... :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jeff in AZ

Well it's kinda bad picture, cheapy camera and bad lighting, but my 94 Pathfinder turned over 480,000 this morning!

20K more to go, before I write Nissan a letter! :D

IMG0073.jpg

138,000 for me. I bought it with 72k almost 4 years ago. The only thing to break has been the alternator. But I just dropped a bunch on suspension maintenance and a new timing belt. The only thing that was broken (rather then worn out) was my left cv point. Not too bad, IMO.

Guest 92mini van

my 92 is in perfect condition, 140,000 miles, 2 timing belts for maintenance 2 batteries, one head light, one tail light bulb, clutch at 80,000 miles and a bunch into front steering until I decided to SAS the front, and the signature of a pathy the manifold that leaks on the p/s (but goes away when warmed up)

• 5 weeks later...

131,xxx on my 93 SE, bought it about 2 months ago.

Alternator just went, warrantied tho. Plugs of course, fuel filter, etc. About to get some new tires.

We had an '87 2 dr, mom bought it when it had 1700 miles, sold it to the junk yard for $100 with 245K and a bad starter.....i'll never forgive her for that P...