Pathfinder Mileage POLL

amb4081

How many miles are on your 1990-1995 Pathfinder?  

953 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles are on your 1990-1995 Pathfinder?

• 1-100,000 miles (just a baby)
    • 100,001-150,000 miles (break-in period)
    • 150,001-200,000 miles (broke in)
    • 200,001-250,000 miles (mature)
    • 250,001-300,000 miles (advanced in years/miles)
    • 300,001- up (pathy getting tired)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey, anyone know anyone that has a path that has more than 300K miles? do they live that long and how long do they live, but anyway, hey jmcardamone how do you disconnect the sepdo exactly, i'm interested. pathy has too many miles for me i have 144000 miles

my wifes pathy had over 500.000 miles on it when the clutch went out. she bought it at 40.000 miles and she rarely changed the oil!!!!!

• 2 years later...

1995 Pathy SE. 504,000km's = approximately 315,000 miles. Unfortunately, the windshield frame has rotted out due to a poor windshield replacement. Debating whether to have a new piece welded in.

Currently at 141,000. Didn't look like it had 129k on it when I got it (chrome bumpers were rusting, bent, and the driver door and front fender are not original to the vehicle.. hence the paint color difference!). But it's been a workhorse for me. Minor maintenance issues but it's a great vehicle to repair. I've enjoyed owning mine and hope to continue to restore it back to where it should be!

• 3 weeks later...

Had an 88 that I sold at about 280,000 miles (poor decision... great truck). Now I have a 91 that just rolled over to 210,000. Runs great too, and I wont be letting this one go

'95 SE with 334,324 showing.

It runs smooth, and passes the CA smog test with the usual plugs, cap, rotor, air filter, tune up.

It is leaking oil from the valve covers, but I figure that's just a rust inhibitor...

Tranny's been wounded for a year and a half.

Basically just been driving in D2 (OD off) at 3000 - 4000 rpm's max.

No freeway driving, just roads where I can do 45mph or less.

This includes a daily drive of 25 miles each way, with a 4000' mountain descent (or climb).

I've learned to be patient driver...lol

My door locks are broken, as well as the driver's door handle, so I just leave it unlocked most of the time.

If I do need to lock it, I get in through the back hatch...

The 4wd works great for my snow needs, my seat heaters are still awesome, and

somehow, I'm still at just under 15 mpg.

It's all just become a big experiment to see how long this truck will last, with the least amount of money used to keep it going.

It's not the kind of vehicle that most people would tolerate, but I kind of like seeing just how long it will go on doing what I need it to do.

I'd say that this is probably one of the best trucks I've ever owned.

Looking into buying a newer Pathy, or Frontier, with less mileage and seeing if I can get the same kind of durability from it.

• 1 month later...

Well lets see. I have my first ever Pathy an 87 2dr XE-V6 5spd that has 202k+ on everything but the engine. Had it replaced at around 168k or so and it still had the factory clutch at that time. New clutch, engine installed by Nissan. Engine was replaced due to woodruff key chipping crank and moving the width of the key off. Luckily no valve to piston contact. Now I just got a 93 XE-V6 5spd that has 258k+ on it and I believe it is still the original engine. Will check when I have to do all my work on the engine soon.

James.

• 1 month later...

Just turned 227,000 miles on the way in to work this morning. Original engine and tranny and runs like brand new, does not burn any oil, changed the plugs last year and everyone came out clean. Only problems is clutch is starting to slip but other than that would drive this cross country. Make sure you do your maintance when you should and should last forever, of course being in Las Vegas helps with the rust issues also :)

283,000 km. Still running well - just have a couple of little issues (one dragging brake or something making a similar noise, and the steering is a little loose). If I can sort those issues i can see myself keeping it for a few years...

It's my first automatic ever (managed to avoid having one until I moved to North America) but it could be worse!